March 9, 2023
Berachain is a high-performance, EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible, Layer 1 blockchain built on the Cosmos SDK. We're a young, world-class team of experts in computer science, type theory, economic game theory, risk management and enterprise development. Our team combines traditional experience in building and scaling teams at technology companies like Apple, Coinbase, IBM and Y-Combinator with crypto native experience from some of DeFi’s most impactful protocols. We're all highly passionate about Web3, Toybox and building infrastructure to bring decentralized finance to the masses. Our core engineering team is based in Toronto. Here at Berachain, you’ll be joining a world-class team of experienced founders, engineers and researchers passionate about designing sustainable economic and blockchain systems. We’re well funded by a group of leading digital asset investors, hedge funds, centralized exchange venture arms and strategic angels.
We are looking for self-starters and mission driven individuals to join us as we build the future of decentralized finance. The ideal candidate for this role takes initiative and ownership over their work, thrives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative in-person environment, and is capable of rapidly adapting to evolving needs as required.
- 3+ years experience in user interface/experience design and relevant experience in blockchain technologies.
- Strong understanding of user experience fundamentals.
- Experience designing and managing large-scale projects with a variety of stakeholders
- The ability to balance great design solutions with an iterative approach (v1, v2, or v3 )
- Experience designing and prototyping complex workflows with Sketch, Invision, Figma or similar products
- Top-notch communications skills, clear written prose, and a knack for working with a diverse range of contributors and users, synthesizing different perspectives, and mediating occasional disputes
- A high degree of personal responsibility and ownership: you’ll be responsible for setting deadlines and holding yourself accountable to them
- Experience in an agile development environment
- We especially encourage individuals that fulfill some of the above with no prior experience of working on blockchain technologies.
Nice to have:
- Interest in crypto applications and blockchain technology.
- You are passionate about blockchain, have used DeFi Apps and believe in the opportunity of decentralization and blockchains to change how the financial world works today.
- Experience in the Cosmos Ecosystem
- Familiarity with the Ethereum Virtual Machine, CosmWasm etc.
- Own the end-to-end design (user flows, interaction, visual, etc.) across multiple products and projects.
- Design the aesthetics to be implemented within various product, from the layout menus and drop-down options to colors and fonts.
- Collaborate across engineering, product, research, and community teams while effectively communicating design concepts.
- Constantly improve yourself by keeping up to date with the latest technologies trends.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in