April 7, 2023
Nascent is a team of builders who back early-stage crypto founders creating products and primitives for an open financial world. Founded in 2020, we’ve invested in 50+ early-stage teams that we believe have the potential to create substantive change, expand boundaries and find new horizons. Building from a base of permanent capital, we also deploy a sizable liquid portfolio utilizing a range of strategies that ensure we are among the most active users of the open financial system we are helping to build. The fluid structure that enables our team to build, use, and invest in the future of crypto makes Nascent both an ideal early-stage partner and long-term ally.
As a trader on our liquid strategies team, you’ll be responsible for managing the day-to-day of our liquid portfolio, from identifying compelling trading opportunities to collaborating and building new proprietary trading technologies and tools. You’ll have the opportunity to identify, vet, and execute a wide variety of trading and yield farming strategies to maximize return on liquid assets. You will be responsible for deploying into both directional and delta neutral strategies, and also contribute to ongoing discussions about appropriate levels of allocation in each area.
This is an opportunity to make a direct impact on the bottom line of a crypto-native multistrategy firm with a strong VC presence and engineering and incubation arm. This may be the right opportunity for you if you’re a driven, ambitious, highly trustworthy, math-inclined human with the desire to experiment and build in the crypto/DeFi space. This position will be fully remote work, with the opportunity for coworking and colocation as necessary.
- Progressively take on managing the day-to-day activities of liquid portfolio
- Identify and pitch compelling investment opportunities for internal review and decision making
- Collaborate with our world-class team of engineers to build new tools to advance our portfolio
- Optimize execution of trade ideas with clear, crisp attention to detail
- Research potential investments: from reviewing app documentation, to surfacing and asking critical questions to founders, reviewing smart contract audits
- Maintain and optimize trading operations: daily/weekly routines around checking approvals, sweeping idle funds out of exchanges
- You are entrepreneurial and thrive in less structured environments with the freedom to drive and deliver results
- You are as excited to execute a given task as to identify and spot new opportunities to add value
- You are a crypto-native self driven learner, able to quickly pick up on and execute given strategies, processes, tactics
- You are highly trustworthy and incredibly detail-oriented
- BS+ in STEM, Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics
- Mathematically inclined, numerical and quantitative analysis skills
- Strong idea generation and investment aptitude, with the ability to articulate and troubleshoot strategies and systems
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably python
- Basic understanding of DeFi markets, protocols, and projects
- Previous involvement/interest in crypto preferred but not required
Our Team & Culture
At Nascent, we are an interdisciplinary team of investors, builders, and creators, capable of achieving more together than we can as individuals. We offer the opportunity to contribute to building the future global economic system with a world-class team and culture that pairs the freedom to explore, experiment, and play, with a competitive drive to win. We invest in our people by providing the autonomy to build, coupled with accountability and honest feedback to help learn, grow, perform and win. We’re a fully distributed team that understands the value of in-person time—we host two team retreats per year and encourage team members to come together for more frequent in-person work.
Principles That Drive Our Team & Work
- Build for the long term
- Align incentives
- Be nimble
- Compete to win
- Explore, experiment, play
- Always be building
- Give and embrace real feedback
What We Offer
- At Nascent, we offer a competitive total compensation package heavily weighted toward bonus, ensuring that when we perform at our best and the firm wins, we all win.
- Remote and distributed working environment
- Comprehensive health benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Retirement plan matching contributions
- Open vacation policy as well as flexible work hours and location
- Access to our internal performance coaching and support for continuing your skills development, developing your industry knowledge, and achieving your career and personal development goals
- Team activities and bi-annual in-person team retreats
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status, inclusive of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.