September 8, 2023
Our mission is to make web3 accessible to everyone.
We believe web3 will change the internet forever, but that the tools here today simply won’t cut it to welcome millions of new users.
Great products can simplify complex new technologies and unlock their power for the world. We are building one of these products, beginning with helping users to understand the world of NFTs, with our sights set to much more.
Floor is loved by 10s of thousands of users in web3 today and we’re just getting started.
Who are we?
Floor is a team of 12 web3 enthusiasts split evenly between NYC and fully-remote. Our founders have a proven track record, previously taking leading roles in building products like Venmo & Robinhood, and our engineering team has decades of experience building across many industries.
While we have ambitious goals and work to remain “scrappy”, we are mindful as a team to build a workplace that creates space for both work & life.
How do we work?
We believe that how we work is as much a product as what we’re building, and seek to apply the same agile ideals of continuous improvement to the entire company — our rituals, processes, and more.
As a small team, no role is “just” any one thing. We seek out co-workers with curiosity and passion for making everything around them better, and actively welcome those contributions, as well as your craft!
If you share our mission, come join us to put the “fun” into non-fungible tokens!
No two days are completely the same at a startup, but here are some of the things you can expect to do as the owner of iOS at Floor:
- Be the technical owner for our iOS app, taking responsibility for technical direction, architecture and code quality
- Work closely with our leadership team to define our product roadmap and strategy
- Ship performant, secure, and well-tested native apps using Swift + Swift UI
- Ship iteratively, and quantitatively, embedding metrics into everything we do
- Build delightful user experiences, with a focus on maintainability & quality
- Be a leader within Floor’s Engineering team, driving our mobile technology strategy
- Partner across the engineering team to define sensible and scalable interfaces, data models, and APIs to power our product ecosystem
- Collaborate with our product and operations teams to create a feedback loop that ensures what we build matters to our users
This is a senior role with huge impact at Floor. This is our best estimation of the experience that would make you successful, but we’re always open to alternative paths to success!
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience delivering high quality and well-tested native apps
- 4+ years of experience shipping scalable & secure iOS apps to a large user base
- A history of shipping production apps using Swift
- Proficiency with Apple design principles and interface guidelines — if the high fidelity mocks aren’t ready yet, you can get started on the basics!
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment, and mentoring junior engineers
- You’ve tinkered in web3 (although not necessarily professionally)
- Bonus Ponts For:
- Experience building with Swift UI
- Understanding of underlying blockchain technologies
- Experience contributing small updates to APIs (we write ours in Typescript on node.js)
- Exposure, or interest in understanding Android design principles with Kotlin
The base pay for this position ranges from $160,000 to $200,000. This position is also eligible for participation in Floor’s equity plan.
Sound good? Get in touch!
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to also include links to your LinkedIn, Twitter, GitHub or personal website. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Any questions? You can reach out to us at email@example.com.