July 21, 2023
What are we all about?
Fairblock is a VC-backed startup operating in Cosmos and Ethereum Ecosystem. We are a research and development team interested in applied cryptography (threshold encryption, MPC, FHE), privacy, and blockchain infrastructure. Currently, our main focus is on building FairyRing (our chain in the Cosmos ecosystem) which can offer pre-execution privacy to all blockchain domains. Applications include:
- Private trading (e.g. Front-running and bad-MEV protection)
- Private Governance
- Sealed-bid auctions
As a protocol engineer, you will participate in topics such as:
- Communication and collaboration with a fully distributed team
- Design and implementation of modules using Cosmos SDK/Ignite CLI
- Design integration architecture with target applications
- Design, optimize and implement
What we are looking for:
- Ability to learn new programming languages and technologies quickly
- Strong coding skills
- Ability to go from design to implementation fast
- Experience with Go (preferred), or Rust
- Bonus: Experience with DeFi, Cosmos SDK, Tendermint, Ethereum
- Bonus: Experience with DevOps, including:
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure and related technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Strong experience with the AWS Cloud platform (EC2, EKS, ECR, Route53, RDS, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of networking and hybrid cloud concepts.
- Automation domain knowledge and experience with IaaC tools (Terraform, Terragrunt)
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Good experience with monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Sentry, etc.) and services (Datadog, Newrelic, etc.)
- You have a strong sense of ownership, with the ability to lead and share knowledge to develop solutions
- Willingness to implement on-chain applications, and explore research problems in finance, distributed systems, and cryptography.
- You enjoy being hands-on, being a self-starter that thrives well in ambiguity
- A problem solver that can envision successful outcomes
- Competitive compensation with stock options
- Fully remote
- Experiencing growth from the initial phase
- A significant contribution to high-impact work and really make a difference while learning (not just working on a file or directory of a GitHub repo of a project).
How to apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.