July 14, 2023
We believe that blockchains need real world data to be useful- and UMA enables any verifiable truth to be recorded on-chain, trustlessly.
Who is UMA?
We are a team aligned with the ethos of the crypto community. We believe that because UMA’s optimistic oracle is the decentralized truth machine which can verify any statement proposed on the blockchain- we have the ability to truly expand what web3 is building. We are building a robust ecosystem. Our growing team is relatively small but incredibly mighty, and strives to be an engaging leader in the DeFi community.
Where are we headed:
- We’re building foundational infrastructure for web3 and developing high quality products to showcase this.
- Our road-map is robust, and with an iterative and continuous development philosophy, we’re always building.
- We’re a global team that values diverse perspectives and top tier talent. We’re growing internationally with the support of top tier investors and advisors.
Where do you fit in?
We’re looking for a Senior Smart Contract Engineer to join our team. You’ll have an opportunity to work across our entire Ethereum-based web3 stack on cutting-edge technology that reshapes the global financial system.
- Protocol Architecture: Research and develop protocol upgrades and new financial concepts.
- Smart Contracts: Implement designs with a focus on security, simplicity, ease of use, and gas-efficiency.
- Code Review and Mentorship: Write code in a highly collaborative open source ecosystem. In-depth reviews of others’ contributions is expected with a focus on helping others grow their technical expertise.
- Bots: Write off-chain code to interact with and manage smart contracts. Bot systems should have a high degree of correctness, efficiency, and antifragility.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years full-time experience in Engineering at a software or financial services technology organization
- 1+ years full-time experience working in solidity or other compiled language
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and high quality code
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptoeconomic protocol design, game theory, or decentralized finance
- UMA’s pay packages include competitive salaries & substantial token options. Salaries are typically between $100-200k (USD), and your token allocation can grow with your voting rewards while you participate in the growing ecosystem.
- Philosophies for a culture that show we care: Take vacation when you need it, family care, training and development (just to name a few)
- 100% remote, which means we encourage you to create the work environment that you thrive in.
- We value each individual’s right to economic freedom
- We value openness, honesty, and directness.
- We value integrity.
- We value iterative learning.
- We value taking smart risks. We value creating an environment where everyone “does their best work”.
Still want to know more?
- Our team at UMA blends a mix of highly-sought engineers, developers and community builders with a traditional finance pedigree. Our fast-growing team includes a diverse background of experiences and has drawn top tier talent. We’re a decentralized protocol governed by community members across the globe in a DAO, and supported by Risk Labs Foundation.
- We value economic freedom, integrity, and taking smart risks. You’ll succeed at UMA if you’re a self-starter, kind, adaptable, and have a nerdy curiosity to solve hard problems (and change the world).
- UMA is a remote-first international team and we support everyone to create an environment where they can do their best work. UMA teammates take the time off that they need and support each other to create an environment where they are happy, healthy, and inspired. We pride ourselves on being family-friendly as well as nomad-friendly.
- You will not get bored at UMA. The OO empowers unlimited ideas, products, services and protocols. We are constantly developing, building, experimenting and evolving.
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Risk Labs, the employing entity, is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplaces. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align- we encourage you to apply anyways. We value you taking the chance. Risk labs will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.