June 23, 2023
unshETH Labs was founded in January 2023 to further decentralization of the Ethereum network via the creation of novel LSDfi primitives. The unshETH Labs team is responsible for the development of the unshETH protocol, and serves as one of the stewards of the nascent LSDfi space, which it is actively working to grow.
unshETH is a transformative element within the Ethereum (ETH) ecosystem, designed to bolster its resilience, accessibility, and resistance to censorship. As a new DeFi primitive, unshETH encourages validator decentralization by stimulating competition among ETH liquid staking protocols, with the ultimate goal of delivering the best ETH staking experience to millions of users. The mission of unshETH is straightforward: incentivize decentralization by lowering liquidity costs for liquid staking protocols. Through incentive engineering, unshETH seeks to distribute capital across the Liquid Staking Derivatives (LSD) ecosystem in a way that prioritizes validator decentralization. Launched in February 2023, unshETH paved the way for a new category of DeFi protocols, known as LSDfi.
LSDfi represents a novel category of DeFi primitives that are constructed atop LSDs. The purpose of LSDfi is to foster markets focused on staking yields, validator monopolies, slashing risks, and even validator censorship. LSDfi paves the way for various applications including validator decentralization mining, validator dominance options, interest rate swaps, yield speculation, and efficient risk pricing. These mechanisms enable users to leverage the unique properties of LSDs, and can also be employed to enhance healthy competition among validators and prevent the monopolization of the consensus layer.
We are seeking a seasoned Smart Contract Engineer with solid experience in Solidity programming, deploying production-grade smart contracts, and comprehensive understanding of Ethereum blockchain and the DeFi ecosystem. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help shape and execute our technology strategy, deliver robust, secure, and efficient code, and contribute to the overall growth of the DeFi space.
- Write, test, and deploy Solidity smart contracts on the Ethereum mainnet.
- Use frameworks such as Foundry and Hardhat for smart contract testing and deployment.
- Work closely with our development team to integrate our platform with other DeFi protocols.
- Optimize smart contracts for gas efficiency and security.
- Help shape the strategy and future of our DeFi protocol.
- Contribute to and maintain our Node.js and TypeScript codebase.
- Assist in troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading existing software.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Proven experience in writing, testing, and deploying production-grade Solidity smart contracts.
- Familiarity with Ethereum smart contract testing frameworks such as Foundry and Hardhat.
- Proficiency in TypeScript, Node.js, and Ethers.js.
- Experience integrating with various DeFi protocols.
- Understanding of blockchain security concepts and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality code.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and in teams.
- Familiarity with Python and Vyper.
- Previous work experience in a startup or tech company environment.
- Active participation in the DeFi community.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are a fit and can contribute to our mission, we would like to hear from you. Please provide examples of Solidity smart contracts you have deployed on the mainnet and a brief description of the projects where these contracts were used. Applications without these will not be considered.
unshETH.xyz is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage everyone interested in our company to apply if they meet the essential requirements for the role.