March 7, 2023
Berachain is a high-performance, EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible, Layer 1 blockchain built on the Cosmos SDK. We're a young, world-class team of experts in computer science, type theory, economic game theory, risk management and enterprise development. Our team combines traditional experience in building and scaling teams at technology companies like Apple, Coinbase, IBM and Y-Combinator with crypto native experience from some of DeFi’s most impactful protocols. We're all highly passionate about Web3, Toybox and building infrastructure to bring decentralized finance to the masses. Our core engineering team is based in Toronto. Here at Berachain, you’ll be joining a world-class team of experienced founders, engineers and researchers passionate about designing sustainable economic and blockchain systems. We’re well funded by a group of leading digital asset investors, hedge funds, centralized exchange venture arms and strategic angels.
We are looking for self-starters and mission driven individuals to join us as we build the future of decentralized finance. The ideal candidate for this role takes initiative and ownership over their work, thrives in a fast-paced and highly collaborative in-person environment, and is capable of rapidly adapting to evolving needs as required.
- 5+ years experience in software development and relevant experience in blockchain technologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
- Significant experience in writing Golang programs with a good understanding of the best practices, concurrency primitives, packages go/* and reflection; and ability to write production-quality code.
- Deep understanding of computer science fundamentals including networking, storage, operating system, data structures, transpilers/compilers, etc.
- Expertise in systems design and an appropriate taste for simplicity, both in internal abstraction structure and in choice of third-party dependencies
- Top-notch communications skills, clear written prose, and a knack for working with a diverse range of contributors and users, synthesizing different perspectives, and mediating occasional disputes
- A high degree of personal responsibility and ownership: you’ll be responsible for setting deadlines and holding yourself accountable to them
- Strong understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine, CosmWasm etc.
- Experience with the Cosmos SDK, Tendermint etc.
- Experience in an agile development environment;
- Experience in setting up and working with CI systems;
- Knowledge of UNIX network stack (TCP / IP, HTTP);
- We especially encourage engineers that fulfill some of the above with no prior experience of working on blockchain technologies.
Nice to have:
- Experience in creating microservices for such systems as Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Terraform;
- Interest in the topics of proof-of-stake, consensus algorithms, decentralized exchanges, public-key cryptography, etc.;
- You are passionate about blockchain, have used DeFi Apps and believe in the opportunity of decentralization and blockchains to change how the financial world works today.
- Take ownership over the architecture, development, and implementation of critical Berachain software.
- Write high quality and well tested Golang code, following the latest design and development patterns.
- Explore Cosmos SDK projects and other projects that will be built on the cosmos Write documentation, design flow diagrams and review
- Creating tools for load testing and protocol benchmarking.
- Constantly improve yourself by keeping up to date with the latest technologies trends