April 12, 2023
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Nimbus is a research team that focuses on developing an Ethereum client and library targeting both Ethereum and the upcoming, proof-of-stake-based ETH2. We believe that the largest deployment of Ethereum will potentially be on embedded systems, Nimbus will be designed to perform well on embedded, mobile, and generally resource-restricted devices. The extensible, configurable, and modular design of Nimbus will make it production ready for Web 3.0 and will ensure that it can be supported and maintained across all goals of Ethereum 2.0.
Building the stack from the ground up, we’re translating the latest Ethereum 2.0 research into practical, performant and reusable libraries to provide fertile exploration ground for further R&D. Check our latest update!
- Automation of infrastructure deployment, configuration, and scaling
- Maintenance of monitoring, logging, and backup systems
- Development of continuous integration platforms and scripts
- Ensuring security of hosts and other online resources
- Daily monitoring of all services and responding to breakage and security incidents
- Maintaining a written knowledge base regarding all practices and processes followed by the team, including step-by-step guides, check lists, trouble-shooting tips and other resources
- Improving the observability of the Nimbus software by implementing additional metrics and tuning the logging output
- Detailed reporting of all encountered issues to the Nimbus development team
You ideally will have
- Experience or interest in Ethereum and/or the ecosystem
- Openness to learning & using new programming languages, e.g. Nim
- Experience with configuration management software such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef and cfEngine, etc.
- Experience or/and interest in working in a bare metal environment with experience with bare metal automation tooling such as Canonical MaaS, TinkerBell and OpenStack Ironic
- High proficiency with Linux operating systems (Ubuntu/Debian), REST API’s, Docker, and ZFS
- Prior experience as a programmer/engineer using low-level languages (C, C++, etc.)
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology.
- A strong alignment to our principles
Bonus points if
- Experience with Nim
- Ability and willingness to work with a little bit of research: will be among other things to get information directly from the open-source blockchain code and deal with cases where no documentation is provided
- Experience with running different Ethereum nodes (Geth, OpenEthereum, Erigon, etc)
- Experience with running ETH2.0 validator and beacon chain nodes (Lighthouse, Prysm, Teku, etc)
- Deep understanding and expertise on the technical level of the ETH2 protocol (such as validation, slashing, network edge cases)
Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter.
- Interview with our People Ops team
- Interview with Head of Infra
- Interview with Nimbus Team Lead
- Interview with Program Lead
The expected compensation range for this role is $120,000 - $150,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in