March 24, 2023
ZORA is a group of individuals working towards a new paradigm for creators by enabling the creation, curation, and collection of NFTs. We believe that by enabling a more equitable system for creators and communities, we will fundamentally rediscover the power of the internet.
We’re working tirelessly to make ZORA available to as many creators as possible. Our mission is to build a new creator and community-owned economy.
Who we’re looking for
ZORA is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant who will help bring the accounting function in-house and take full ownership of the day-to-day accounting. Bonus points if you are already familiar with crypto accounting or are interested in learning!
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for managing the books and performing day-to-day accounting operations (AR/AP, cash reconciliation, Crypto Cost Accounting, Accruals, Monthly Close, Tax, Payroll, Audit (future), and any special projects)
- Manage the preparation and integrity of GAAP-compliant monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements by reviewing journal entries, reconciliations and variance analysis
- Establish, document, and maintain adequate and effective accounting controls and policies to improve the monthly close and to ensure timely and accurate reporting, especially when dealing with crypto transactions
- Implement internal controls and safeguards over company assets, payments of authorized expenses, compliance with contractual obligations, and compliance with company policies
- Desire to improve existing processes, automate activities, and reduce redundant reports
- Assist in annual budgeting process and educate and guide teams on how to allocate/plan budgets
- Act as the primary liaison with our external tax consultants and auditors and manage these relationships to maintain compliance and ensure due diligence readiness
- Work cross functionally to support other departments and act as trusted partner and colleague
- Lead ERP exploration and implementation in the future
We’d love if you had:
- CPA license
- 3-6 years of progressive accounting experience including a mix of audit, public and private startup experience
- Able to work US working hours (PST, Mountain time, CST or EST)
- Some experience in crypto, consumer internet, e-commerce, FinTech, or related technology fields
- A self-starter that is motivated to find optimal and efficient ways of doing things and establishing scalable new processes
- Driven and excited to help build a scalable and efficient accounting and finance department, including its OKRs/KPIs (full cycle experience)
- Deep understanding of GAAP / Strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting
- Experience with doing state sales tax registration and filings
- Have a great sense of autonomy, organization, and teamwork - meets deadlines
- High attention to detail and excellent critical thinking
- Strong communication skills: including the ability to articulate financial results and variances
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Experience with our tech stack: QBO, Bill.com, Brex, Gusto, Integral and Bitwave
- Excited by our mission and the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn about NFTs, art, cryptocurrency, and anything web3
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Ability to take ownership of and grow out all accounting functions
What we offer:
- An unique opportunity to be part of the growing crypto/NFT community early on, making a meaningful impact to the team as well as the world
- Remote first working culture
- 1.2 ETH per year to explore on Zora platform: for minting NFTs or dropping your own NFTs!
- Expense budget for home setup
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Compensation: $70,000-$115,000 USD per year depending on experience
ZORA provides top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance, with a flexible time-off policy and a new Macbook Pro for full-time employees. Employees also receive equity.