March 16, 2023
What are we all about?
We are a team of world class builders and researchers with expertise across several domains: Ethereum Protocol Engineering, Layer-2, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Miner Extractable Value (MEV), Smart Contract Development, Security Auditing and Formal Verification.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with renowned companies, such as Ethereum Foundation, StarkWare, Gnosis Chain, Aave, Flashbots, xDai, Open Zeppelin, Forta Protocol, Energy Web, POA Network and many more.
We actively contribute to Ethereum core development, EIP’s and network upgrades together with the Ethereum Foundation, and other client teams.
Today, there are nearly 200 of us working remotely from over 45+ countries.
The Regional Head of Business Development role is designed to utilise Nethermind’s engineering talent to accelerate the adoption & development of permissionless, open & decentralized systems. You will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of a pivotal time in web3.
Key Job Responsibilities
As a member of the Business Development team, you will focus on the growth of Nethermind’s business across all major verticals (Core Engineering, Security Audits, Application Protocol, Cryptography Research).
Your responsibilities will be multifaceted and will require you to be proactive and motivated. You will have to conduct extensive research to forecast trends and position Nethermind’s Business Development team to design strategies to be in the best position for forecasted trends. You will also analyze current industry trends, shortlist protocols and teams that you believe would make a good addition to Nethermind’s client base, and then actively work on onboarding these protocols by making the right connections and taking calls on your own.
This is an enormous opportunity to display leadership, utilize your problem-solving ability, and pave the path for the future Blockchain technology.
A Day in the Life
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities
- Creating and implementing growth strategies for new business development and expansion
- Managing and prioritizing a pipeline
- Negotiating terms
- Setting quarterly and annual goals for the team
- Engaging projects across ecosystems and identifying valuable additions to Nethermind’s client base
- Identify and invent new value propositions with existing relationships and partners
- Strategizing with partners and attending events
- Leading and mentoring a small business development team on goal setting, execution and prioritization
What you’ll need
- 5+ years work experience in business development
- Experience in web3 is required
- Ability to read DeFi/Web3 market conditions and translate that into a value for the entire company
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Comfort in making decisions autonomously and explaining your ideas lucidly
- Self Driven / Entrepreneurial mindset
- Good knowledge of Blockchain technology & the crypto space.
- Good at understanding and explaining technical concepts
- Great presentation & communication skills
- Great at building & leveraging relationships
- Data-savvy, understand basic metrics of marketing and operations
- North America based - This role requires someone based in North America to facilitate meeting clients
Perks and benefits:
- Fully remote
- Competitive rates
- Flexible working hours
- Plus equity
We are always on the lookout for talent!
Join our growing and active community of 2000+ developers on our Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/PaCMRFdvWT**
In the meantime, keep up to date on what we are working on by following us on our social channels:
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in