June 10, 2023
Who We Are:
Ethena Labs is building the first ETH based delta-neutral stablecoin. Arthur Hayes is a founding advisor and the team has deep experience across traditional finance and crypto engineering from firms such as Cerberus, Wintermute, Aave, Blockdaemon and Kaiko. Backed by the top exchanges and trading entities in the space.
What we are Doing:
We are building derivative infrastructure to enable Ethereum to transform into the Global Internet Bond via delta-neutral positions on stETH, to create the first crypto-native, yield bearing stablecoin: eUSD.
We believe creating a stablecoin which is not reliant on existing banking infrastructure is the single most important product in crypto today.
eUSD will form the first part of a broader ecosystem of products we are building including repo financing markets, fixed vs floating bonds and a crypto native yield curve.
Who We are Looking For:
- A Crypto experienced Quantitative Engineer who is passionate about building products/applications within DeFi and advancing the stablecoin and crypto derivative landscape.
- An Individual excited by the opportunity of joining an early stage team and drive a product from MVP through to “go live” implementation.
- At least 2 years of experience in developing trading software infrastructure either at a market making or quantitative investment firm, or from within an exchange on the client-server software.
- A genuine passion for building technology and pushing forward innovation in DeFi.
- An individual who is curious and always looking to learn new concepts on the overlap between frontier technology and financial concepts.
- Work on the internal trading and arbitrage platform focused on centralized venues that span real time low latency data capture, order entry and execution.
- Securely expand and scale up our trading platform.
- Design and build automated delta-neutral derivative strategies within smart contracts across DeFi and centralized derivative venues.
- Work with custody and exchange providers to build secure connectivity to various venues.
- Creative license to push the boundaries of DeFi derivative infrastructure design.
- Collaborate with the team and cross-functional partners on all aspects of product development including smart contract back-end engineers and front-end internal risk monitoring.
- 2+ years working at a crypto trading firm, hedge fund, defi protocol or exchange.
- Strong Python skills.
- Experience running and building market making engines
- Understanding of networking, CPU and memory model and assembly language.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Solidity fundamentals & blockchain basics: transactions, wallets, smart contracts, double spend, transactions pool, mining.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
Our Engineering Stack
- Frontend: React, NextJS, Wagmi, Viem, TailwindCSS
- Backend: Python, Solidity, AWS, GraphQL, dGraph