March 30, 2023
About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is the largest Web 3 accelerator in the world. Founded in 2014, it works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle from pre-seed / seed (via Base Camp) to later stage about to launch (or live) token networks specialising in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and DeFi bringing together a network of 1,000’s of the world’s leading web 3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest.
About the role
Outlier Ventures is seeking a Portfolio Management Associate with the goal of supporting the entrepreneurs we work with and increasing the value of OV’s growing investment portfolio of companies. We expect this individual to engage with the entrepreneurs we work with and to participate in the portfolio management workstreams. The role entails research, data gathering, data analysis and stakeholder engagement. The individual will work closing with our finance and treasury teams.
In this role you will be gathering information from the different teams at OV and directly from our portfolio companies.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Data gathering from the portfolio companies and the wider team at OV. The ideal candidate should be determined, systematic, and diligent in their work process.
- Maintaining our database of over 220+ portfolio companies.
- Documenting portfolio and asset transactions.
- Working with our Ecosystem Associate to maintain strong lines of communications with founders.
- Assisting the CFO with the regular preparation of the asset valuation report.
- Assist with the creation and improvement of portfolio management processes.
- Preparing our quarterly portfolio review.
- Presenting the portfolio review to senior management.
- Work with the wider team at OV to meet the needs of our board and other stakeholders.
This is a great way to see everything that happens in the Web3 industry at an early stage where we work closely with founder teams through our accelerator program. This position is well suited to those looking to begin or continue their career in Web3. You’ll get exposure to a broad range of our team as well as seeing under the hood of investing in the best Web3 early stage startups.
We are looking for someone who:
- Enjoys a multi-faceted role which requires both analytical and strategic thinking.
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 3+ years’ experience in finance, with a preference for an asset management or venture capital firm.
- Agile and self-taught with respect to dataset, CRMs and data gather.
- Positive and progressive mindset, entrepreneurial and ambitious personality.
- Down to earth, team player and “can do” personality traits.
Package is subject to relevant experience. It will bias towards performance related bonuses, including the opportunity to invest directly into token projects on the same terms as the Outlier Ventures partnership.
What we can offer you*
- Exposure to some of the most exciting businesses in the web 3.0 and blockchain space.
- The ability to work with a broad variety of stakeholders around the world.
- Full autonomy in your role and the opportunity to explore any areas of interest should it meet the vision of the business.
- Private medical insurance.
- Discretionary bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunity to invest directly in projects
*availability subject to specific circumstances