April 19, 2023
Monad Labs is a contributor to the Monad blockchain, an ultra-high-performance EVM-compatible layer-1 blockchain designed to bring world adoption to decentralized apps. We help the EVM scale by enabling parallel execution and other significant innovations in distributed consensus and smart contract execution.
Monad offers developers the best of both worlds: unparalleled performance (10,000 transactions per second) and portability (full compatibility for Ethereum smart contracts).
We are founded by Hasu. We have an office in NYC, with some team members working remotely from the US and Canada.
We are looking for a first Marketing hire to grow Monad’s brand and community. You’ll manage our socials and website, contribute to content (blog posts, announcements, threads), and experiment with growth hacking techniques that build our presence among both developers and crypto-native users.
You will need to be scrappy in tackling the many challenges facing an early-stage project, and strategic in identifying what initiatives or improvements to prioritize. You’ll need to be both creative and data-driven. We are looking for someone who loves crypto, is creative, is ambitious, is organized, and has substantial experience with growing a crypto project.
This role is crucial to Monad’s success, and will ultimately have a massive impact on helping Monad and crypto achieve mass adoption.
- You have 2 or more years of experience in growth/marketing for a crypto project, where you’ve meaningfully grown the userbase with clear KPIs
- You are passionate about crypto
- You excel at product marketing fundamentals: positioning, messaging, launch management, and sales enablement. You can demonstrate this through the interview process with specific examples, details, and outcomes
- You can balance strategy and execution
- You know how to leverage data
- You are independent; you thrive on a high level of autonomy, responsibility, and ownership
- You are creative
- You have a hustler mentality; founding a company or building side projects is a plus
- Professional marketing experience in traditional B2B software
- Existing relationships in the crypto space
- Detailed understanding of crypto protocol mechanics
- Public speaking ability
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll grow Monad’s brand and community by developing and executing creative strategies to drive user acquisition, leveraging all channels and all resources at our disposal
- You’ll refine our marketing strategy and identify the core marketing OKRs and KPIs that serve as our foundation for growth
- You’ll build, test, and refine funnels for user acquisition
- You’ll develop Monad brand and voice on twitter, and develop strategies for various media (reddit, tiktok, youtube, etc)
- You’ll use data and analytics for decision-making, establishing a culture of data-driven experimentation
- You’ll engage with the user and developer community to identify areas of future collaboration
Why work with us
- Huge opportunity. EVM is ubiquitous but existing EVM-compatible chains are very slow. Monad’s core innovations offer devs the best of both worlds (portability and performance) and are a game-changer for mass user adoption in crypto.
- The right team. Pushing the limits of decentralized computation requires unique low-latency engineering talent. Our team has nearly ten years of experience staying at the top of brutally efficient TradFi markets by building ultra-low-latency distributed systems for high-frequency trading. We’re assembling a similarly world-class team in BD, Growth, DevRel, and Community. Check out our team here.
- Culture. We’re a lean team working closely together to achieve very ambitious goals. We are united in our belief that we will completely change the future of decentralized computation, and we take pride in our culture of collaboration and low ego. As an early member of our team, you’ll help continue to shape our culture.
- Impactful work. Your work will be deeply impactful, making decentralized computation orders of magnitude cheaper and more plentiful, ultimately paving the way for new dapps that improve many people’s lives.
- Compensation. You’ll receive a very competitive salary and equity package.
- Resources and growth. We’re well-capitalized, with backing from leading venture funds like Dragonfly, Lemniscap, and Placeholder, and from leaders in the space like Cobie and Hasu. We keep a lean team, and this is a rare opportunity to join. You’ll learn a lot and grow as our company scales.
Salary and benefits
Minimum full-time salary of $100,000 - $175,000. (This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary; a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
Monad Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged paid time off; 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401(k) participation; home office equipment stipend; monthly wellness/fitness stipend; and 11 company-observed holidays.
The majority of our team is in NYC and works together a few days a week. We are open to remote candidates, with a slight preference for candidates based in or able to relocate to NYC.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in