September 10, 2023
The Financial Crimes Analytics & Emerging team within Fidelity Investments Financial Crimes Compliance group is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the firms AML detection and screening models. We partner with colleagues across Fidelity’s Corporate Technology, Compliance, Investigations, Legal and Risk groups to build software, data science and analytics solutions that support the firms monitoring programs. The Analytics team supports Fidelity’s Economic Sanctions, Negative Media, Customer Risk Rating, Insider Trading, Elder Financial Exploitation, Cryptocurrency, Low-Priced Securities, International Payments, and other surveillance/screening programs.
We’re seeking a Digital Assets Manager to serve as a subject-matter expert to support the development of innovative cryptocurrency surveillance solutions. In this role you will partner with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Business Intelligence and Compliance professionals to help build, manage, and improve Fidelity’s blockchain forensics and trade surveillance capabilities! The role will have broad exposure to senior leaders in Fidelity Digital Asset Services (‘FDAS’), Legal, Risk and Compliance functions. You will serve as an in-house crypto expert and thought leader, leveraging your expertise across all phases of the model development life cycle.
The Responsibilities of this role
- Drive digital asset surveillance model development and enhancement initiatives.
- Serve as a subject matter authority on blockchain forensics and cryptocurrency investigations, industry trends and standards.
- Present to senior leaders on cryptocurrency compliance trends, risks and impacts to the Financial Crimes Compliance program.
- Support crypto related new business initiatives from a blockchain analytics and on-chain compliance perspective.
- Partner with Business Unit Technology functions to support development work relative to digital asset surveillance programs.
- Present to federal and state regulators on surveillance models and controls during annual exams and new product approval efforts.
- Aid in the vendor management process, participating in annual vendor oversight responsibilities and growing the value of our vendor relationships.
- Continually increase your knowledge and understanding of the evolving digital asset landscape, always cognizant of technical and regulatory developments, and alert to emerging risks.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- A degree in Business, Finance, Information Technology, or equivalent field
- Deep knowledge of the digital assets ecosystem, including decentralized finance (DeFi), Layer2/Web3.0 protocols, mining/validating, stablecoins and non-fungible-tokens (NFTs)/ordinals.
- Personal experience transacting with cryptocurrencies, using self-custody wallets/cold storage, participate in mining activities, and trading NFTs.
- Prior AML/Fraud advisory, surveillance, or investigative experience.
- Passion for cryptocurrencies and the broader crypto ecosystem in general.
- Experience leading requirements gathering sessions across multiple projects.
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 24 or 9/10 registrations a plus.
- Chainalysis Academy or Elliptic LEARN certifications a plus.
- SQL experience a plus.
- Experience with blockchain analytics tools (e.g., Elliptic, Chainalysis, etc.) their various tool suites, and conducting crypto investigations using these products.
- Knowledge of crypto laundering/washing typologies such as peel chains, multi-customer cross-wallet activity, bridging tokens, use of privacy coins in laundering schemes, and indirect exposure through VASP transactions and correspondent relationships.
- Capable of deep-diving raw data to understand database and table structure, data location and potential data gaps (raw vs. front-end systems) while clearly articulating findings.
- Able to navigate front-end systems and the databases where relevant crypto data is being stored, communicating with technologists.
- Excellent listening, communication (verbal and written), influencing, and presentation skills, tailoring messages to specific audiences.
- Knowledge/experience with Agile frameworks and methodologies a plus.
- Passionate about crypto and its intersection with Financial Crimes.
- Intellectually curious and an early adopter of new technology.
- Very detailed with strong documentation skills.
- Able to communicate and explain crypto concepts to non-technical audience.
- Great demeanor, teammate, and effective contributor.
The Value You Deliver
- Providing insight on all aspects of Fidelity’s crypto operations.
- Building deep working relationships with business partners throughout Fidelity.
- Positioning the Financial Crimes Compliance program to continue to protect Fidelity Investments customers and brand for years to come.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Financial Crimes Analytics & Emerging Risk team is part of Fidelity’s broader Financial Crimes Compliance function, a division of Fidelity’s Compliance group. We strive to protect Fidelity’s businesses, clients, customers, and reputation.
Financial Crimes Analytics is an agile development team supporting all phases of the software development life cycle. We’re looking for curious individuals that love data, have a passion for technology and cryptocurrencies and thrive in a team-based culture. You will work with vast amounts of data across numerous Fidelity business lines. You’ll have the opportunity to learn, test and implement new technologies supporting both existing and new Fidelity businesses!