March 18, 2023
At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products. We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains.
Wintermute’s customer-facing business includes various OTC products such as electronic trading API and single-dealer platform for a wide range of counterparties from crypto native whales to large traditional finance institutions. Wintermute is also providing liquidity for blockchain projects where we support most of the world’s largest and most prominent launches. In addition to providing the best in class liquidity products, Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Nature of the role
We are a hyper-growth startup in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are looking for a Settlements Specialist who has expertise in settlements in the crypto space or has traditional financial markets experience. The individual must easily adapt to the entrepreneurial, varied and highly dynamic nature of a startup business.
In this role you will work closely with the Middle Office, Trading, Business Development and Product teams.
- Communicating and liaising with counterparties to ensure they are satisfied with the OTC services that Wintermute provides
- Trade settlement - communicating with trading counterparties to ensure timely and accurate settlements
- Trade reconciliation - ensuring the trades that we agree to settle have the correct trade economics
- Process improvement - working with developers to help automate processes or design ways to streamline current processes
- Answering trade queries internally and externally
Hard Skills Requirements
- 0-3 years experience in settlements in the crypto or traditional finance space, we can also consider applicants fresh out of University.
- Prior experience with Operations functions and / or counterparty relationship management in a crypto/financial services company with high-volume and complex operations (multiple products, multiple geographies); experience in an hft/liquidity provision business is a significant advantage
- Excellent Excel skills and ability to analyse and work with tabular data
- Experience in process improvement is a significant advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or another Quantitative Field
- Strong interest and curiosity in blockchain technology & crypto
- Owner mentality: take ownership of tasks and projects. A drive to understand the business beyond own role to add value to the overall business
- Comfortable working in a very non-hierarchical organization without necessarily having direct reports.
- Determination, ambition yet humility; ability to both influence others and listen/learn from others
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Drive to do whatever it takes to get things done; ability to find creative yet highly professional and compliant solutions to complex tasks
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset vs 9-to-5 mentality; prepared to work non-standard working hours (since we are a high-growth start-up operating in 24/7 crypto world). You may be required to do shift work, to cover early mornings or late evenings.
- Like working in the team environment working from our London.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in