March 16, 2023
What are we all about?
We are a team of world class builders and researchers with expertise across several domains: Ethereum Protocol Engineering, Layer-2, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Miner Extractable Value (MEV), Smart Contract Development, Security Auditing and Formal Verification.
Working to solve some of the most challenging problems in the blockchain space, we frequently collaborate with renowned companies, such as Ethereum Foundation, StarkWare, Gnosis Chain, Aave, Flashbots, xDai, Open Zeppelin, Forta Protocol, Energy Web, POA Network and many more.
We actively contribute to Ethereum core development, EIP’s and network upgrades together with the Ethereum Foundation, and other client teams.
Today, there are nearly 200 of us working remotely from over 45+ countries.
About the role
The Head of Finance is responsible for the company’s financial health and growth, both long-term and short-term
- Identifying and maintaining a set of key financial metrics Nethermind will monitor to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Developing a corporate tax structure and strategy which befits a UK-incorporated scale-up with international presence through a staff largely comprising contractors.
- Ensuring that Nethermind’s books and records are readily-capable of being diligenced by potential third party investors, such that Nethermind would find it easy to portray itself accurately to third parties considering providing it with funding (currently Nethermind’s growth has been almost exclusively organically-funded).
- Building and then leading a superb Finance team, with a focus on succession issues
- Creating and then overseeing a high calibre tax function
- Providing key internal and external stakeholders with periodic financial reports
- Owning Nethermind’s relationships with external providers such as accountants, auditors and bankers
- Rigorous evaluation of trends to reduce financial risks associated with making investment or spending decisions
- Creating accurate, well-founded and owned budgets for the business, including evaluating the long-term and short-term needs of each Nethermind business unit (group)
- Distributing the organization’s financial resources in an efficient manner
- Developing fundraising strategy and building close relationships with partners and investors
- Developing key financial models aligned to Nethermind’s strategy, scenario planning, including assessing and defining the optimal financial and balance sheet structure for the business
- Being responsible for growth projections and objectives based on Nethermind’s strategy
- Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Advising on market changes and providing strategic financial recommendations
- Constantly suggesting ideas for margin improvement and process optimization
- Reporting to COO
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or any related field with 10 years of experience in the Finance department
- Past experience in Fintech
- 3 years of experience leading a Finance team operating in a growth environment
- Experience with IPO and fundraising
- Knowledge of UK tax law and HMRC
- Strong numerical skills to drive Nethermind’s financial operations and improve financial performance
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of management to organize, plan and achieve Nethermind’s financial goals
- Proficiency in financial management software (including MS Excel)
- Budget planning, forecasting and optimisation
- Excellent leadership, communication, listening and influencing skills - clear, concise and exhibiting good “EQ”
Would be beneficial if you have:
- Experience in blockchain (especially Ethereum) or crypto industry
- Experience in treasury management, especially of crypto assets
- Previous experience with inhouse accounting in a start up environment
- Fully remote setting work experience
We are always on the lookout for talent!
Join our growing and active community of 2000+ developers on our Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/PaCMRFdvWT**
In the meantime, keep up to date on what we are working on by following us on our social channels: