March 18, 2023
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
We are seeking an experienced and talented Head of Copy to manage all content creation across a variety of mediums, including; digital, print, and social media. This role will lead the Copywriting and Technical Documentation team and sits within the Comms Hub which supports the entire organisation with their varied communication needs. If you are a strong advocate for decentralization, free speech and privacy, this could be a great fit.
The Copywriting and Technical Documentation team is created to ensure that we can establish a high standard for our copywriting across the organisation, with the aim of improving overall copywriting efforts, resulting in inspiring, motivational and energetic political copy and clear, purposeful and effective commercial copy.
The post holder will be expected to have the seniority to be able to lead and mentor others and act as a lead for the Copywriting and Technical Documentation team.
Our core app, Status, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, protecting messages from third parties, and safely sending, storing and receiving cryptocurrencies with you being the only one who holds the keys to your funds.
A group of Status Contributors are also involved in a new project, called Logos, and this particular role will enable you to also focus on this project. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens.
Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions - paving the way to economic opportunities to those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.
You can read more about Logos here in this small handbook for mindful readers like yourself.
- Design and deliver a detailed plan and roadmap for producing engaging, motivational and effective political and community facing content that resonates with target audiences and achieves desired outcomes.
- To provide effective and motivating leadership for the Copywriting and Technical Documentation team members.
- Develop guidelines and best practice with the aim of improving copywriting efforts across all teams
You ideally will have:
- Strong portfolio showcasing copywriting work.
- Substantial leadership experience.
- Ability to write for different audiences and styles, adapting tone and language as needed.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology.
- A strong alignment to our principles
- Strong advocacy for Decentralization, Free Speech and Privacy.
- Shared values and political ideologies of the cypherpunk movement.
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously.
- 5+ years of experience in writing and editing copy.
- Experience working for an open source organisation.
- Technical writing experience.
- Experience with political or activist movements.
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The expected compensation range for this role is $80,000 - $110,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process.
We are happy to pay in any mix of fiat/crypto.
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Pepper from our Talent team
- Interview with Al, Communications & Activism Director, Comms Hub team
- Interview with Ned, Creative Director, Comms Hub team
- Interview with Santiago, Head of Campaigns, Comms Hub team
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
Get to know us
We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure does away with a strict hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation’s priorities.
- We are Remote and Decentralized.
- We are 150+ employees spread across 30+ different countries
- We are driven by shared principles and believe in complete transparency. That’s why everything we do is completely public to the entire community.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in