April 2, 2023
- Agency: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Position: Fraud Analyst
- Location: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Fort Worth, TX; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Salt Lake City, UT; San Francisco, CA; Washington, DC
- Salary: $118,651 - $246,926 per year
- Open & Close Dates: 03/31/2023 to 04/14/2023
- Job Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/716517200
The Division of Enforcement’s Crypto Assets and Cyber Unit (CACU) operates on a nationwide basis, exercises the full range of the Division’s investigative and law enforcement powers, and focuses on violations of the federal securities laws.
If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for developing and maintaining specialized knowledge and expertise in the identification and investigation of cyber-related misconduct in one of the advertised locations.
- Conditions of Employment: This position is open to U.S. Citizens.
Typical duties include:
- Understanding and interpreting technical aspects of crypto asset transactions, markets, and processes, including blockchain technology and so-called decentralized finance protocols;
- Developing and maintaining expertise with a variety of crypto asset tools and resources, including crypto-asset tracing tools;
- Analyzing smart contracts;
- Developing and implementing techniques and protocols to more accurately and rapidly detect illegal crypto asset related activity affecting the securities markets, such as wash trading, front running and other forms of market manipulation, fraudulent claims about protocols and platforms, touting, and other violations;
- Conducting detailed analysis of large data sets associated with crypto asset transactions, including on-chain and off-chain data;
- Working on investigations within the Crypto Assets and Cyber Unit and throughout the Enforcement Division;
- Identifying trends and patterns across a wide-range of crypto asset related investigations;
- Representing the Crypto Assets and Cyber Unit in connection with areas of their responsibility, and carrying the requisite authority as team leader on projects; and
- Developing and implementing techniques to utilize key data and information to aid in the investigation of crypto asset activity and violations of the US securities laws.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Minimum qualification requirement:
- SK-14: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-13 level. Specialized experience includes ALL of the following:
- (1) Experience with blockchain technology and/or so-called decentralized finance protocols;
- (2) Performing crypto asset tracing and/or analyzing smart contracts;
- (3) Conducting analysis of large data sets; and
- (4) Developing and maintaining expertise with crypto asset and cyber-related tools and resources.
Official transcripts will be required at the time of appointment to verify education, if applicable.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit.
SEC Compensation Program: The overall salary range listed above is provided for informational purposes as it represents the full range that is applicable to current employees in this occupation/grade; however, a selectee’s initial pay is always set below the maximum rate of the range. Please click here for additional information.
Reasonable Accommodation: If you are an applicant who needs a reasonable accommodation for disability to participate in the application process at the SEC, submit the form for Reasonable Accommodation for Participation in Job Application Process here. Please be sure to submit your request at least 5 business days in advance of the date you need the requested accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Information for SEC Job Applicants: Federal EEO laws protect all applicants from discrimination on the following bases: race, color, sex (not limited to conduct which is sexual in nature, includes pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, transgender status), age (40 and over), religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, retaliation for participating in the EEO process or opposing discrimination. Applicants who believe they have been discriminated against on any EEO basis can seek recourse through the SEC’s administrative complaints process. To be timely, an individual must enter the EEO process within 45 days from when they know (or should have known) of the alleged discrimination. Click here for additional information.
TTY/ASCII: Video Relay Service users are welcome to contact the appropriate SEC office or employee via the contact information listed above. If you do not otherwise have access to a Video Phone or Video Relay service, you may send us an email or use the Federal Video Relay Service via the internet. For more information about using the Federal Relay Service and to create a new account, please see here.
Additional guidance and application instructions can be found here.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in