August 28, 2023
Clearmatics is a blockchain protocol engineering company that builds decentralised financial market infrastructures that are more open, efficient, and resilient than those serving legacy market structures of today.
We have a bold vision for this new market infrastructure - enabling market participants to solve currently unaddressed problems of the real economy, including “missing markets” problems. We aim to achieve our vision through technologies that allow peer-to-peer trading and settlement within new markets, and with digital assets whose values track real-world risk factors that currently have no suitable expression in legacy markets.
No matter the nature of a risk factor, whether macro-economic or relating to real-world metrics such as climate data, our mission is to make important risk factors tradable; by anyone, anywhere, without reliance on financial intermediaries. We are building this new infrastructure in collaboration with incredible trading and blockchain communities.
Clearmatics was founded in 2015, and we have ever since been committed advocates of Open Source development, and active participants in the blockchain and cryptography research communities. We’ve also been an active participant and supporter of decentralized infrastructure initiatives.
We’re growing our team and are looking for a Data Engineer to join us and become part of our journey.
Our stack is Ethereum-like, so familiarity with – and passion for – the space is key.
Some of the areas we tackle include blockchain infrastructure optimized for financial use-cases, protocols for specific applications (such as smart contract-based derivatives, synthetic assets, cryptocurrency stabilization, …), scalability and privacy through cryptography (zkSNARKs, multiparty computation, private transactions/assets).
As a data engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, testing and maintaining scalable data pipelines that bring together data from an array of sources.
To achieve this, you will need to consolidate, cleanse, and structure the data, as well as maintain the automated scripts, data pipelines, and databases that comprise the data platform.
This data provides researchers with insights into blockchain protocols to enable them to perform analytical work. It also drives public and internal dashboards and reports.
You like to build robust, scalable, maintainable, and well-documented data pipelines.
You are passionate about blockchain and are comfortable working with large datasets.
You have exquisite attention to detail and a strong appreciation for data integrity and correctness.
- A background in Computer Science and Data Science
- Experience administering relational databases (Snowflake, PostgreSQL)
- Experience designing and maintaining data pipelines and ETL/ELT processes
- Experience developing custom data connectors
- Fluency in Python programming to intermediate level
- A good understanding of the Ethereum protocol
- Proficiency in SQL, GraphQL, and query optimization
- Good knowledge of Unix shell scripting and commandline tools
- Familiarity with cloud services (e.g. AWS EC2/S3, Google Cloud)
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Proficiency with Python scientific computing (NumPy, Pandas, Jupyter)
- Experience with managing and processing financial market timeseries data