June 6, 2023
decentralized storage. As part of the mission to build innovative products for users and better tooling for developers, ChainSafe embodies an open-source and community-oriented ethos.
To learn more about ChainSafe, look at our website.
Here’s what you need to know before reading on:
- Our progressive tech stack includes Go, Rust, and TypeScript
- We spearhead ecosystem projects like Gossamer
- We are global, remote-friendly, and open to contractors
At ChainSafe, you’ll be part of a team that believes in the community’s vital importance and contributes to advancing humanity with open-source and decentralized technology.
Who we need
We are looking for a trustworthy and proactive Blockchain-Operations Engineer to work with our teams to deliver CI/CD pipelines, developer tooling, and production deployments. As a BlockOps Engineer at ChainSafe, you can expect to interact with a wide range of Web3 technologies. You will be expected to take ownership of the architecture, development, deployment, and maintenance of systems with a strong focus on security and modularity.
- Orchestrate and architect blockchain node infrastructure for the protocol teams
- Deploy and secure critical systems, e.g., testnet validators, mainnet monitors, etc.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines to support protocol teams during development and release cycles
- Build tooling to reduce the overhead of deployment and monitoring
- Conduct research and propose solutions to continuously improve the resiliency and continuity of deployed infrastructure
- Produce and update documentation of standards and procedures
- Provide on-demand support as needed (pager duties)
- Prepare disaster recovery and incident response plans for production deployments
- Implement best practices and cost optimization strategies
- At least two years of prior SysAdmin, DevOps, or otherwise relevant industry experience
- Intermediate knowledge in developing scalable & secure cloud networking architecture
- Intermediate knowledge of AWS or comparable cloud providers
- Capable of constructing and orchestrating Docker-based infrastructure
- Very comfortable with Linux systems
- Willingness to learn and master new tooling
- Strong opinions about how to build a sensible and safe cloud environment
- Experience with backing up, provisioning & disaster recovery production databases
- Experience with Kubernetes and working with micro-service architecture
- Knowledge in Git
Nice to have
- Familiarity with a variety of blockchain nodes (Ethereum, Polkadot, Filecoin, etc.)
- Experience using Prometheus, Grafana, ELK Stack and/or other metrics tooling
- Experience with any configuration management system such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Rust, Go, or TypeScript skills
Tell us who you are and learn more about us
If you feel like you’re the perfect fit for the role, please apply even if you don’t match all the requirements.
- Selected candidates will be invited to a 30-45 minute screening call with one of our tech recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to a 60-minute values interview with one of our project managers
- Then, candidates will be asked to complete a technical task in under 4 hours, but we provide up to 5 business days to complete
- Lastly, candidates will be invited to a 60-minute interview with the team lead
Why Join ChainSafe
Founded by developers for developers, ChainSafe is a remote-first company with an international team. We continue to provide opportunities for personal and professional growth, value autonomy and responsibility, have a results-driven environment, and offer flexible work hours.
We care deeply about our values and look for these attributes in every new team member. In addition, we recognize the benefits of cultivating a diverse team and aspire to embed respect for all people into our culture. We encourage women, the LGBTQIA+ community, people of colour, and members of any other group underrepresented in the blockchain space (or tech in general) to apply.
How to Apply
Please fill out the Greenhouse application form below and ensure that you attach your resume and link your Github/Gitlab profile or any software project you have contributed to (if applicable).