August 5, 2023
Nascent is a team of builders who back early-stage web3 founders creating products and primitives for an open financial world. Founded in 2020, we’ve invested in 50+ early-stage teams that we believe have the potential to create substantive change, expand boundaries and find new horizons. Building from a base of permanent capital, we also deploy a sizable liquid portfolio utilizing a range of strategies that ensure we are among the most active users of the open financial system we are helping to build. The fluid structure that enables our team to build, use, and invest in the future of crypto makes Nascent both an ideal early-stage partner and long-term ally.
As a Web Scraping Engineer at Nascent, your mission will be to develop and maintain Nascents web scraping infrastructure and tools. You will serve as a critical partner to internal team members through extracting and processing data from diverse web sources, ensuring its accuracy and completeness. Reporting to the Principle Engineer you’ll contribute to the strategy and execution of data acquisition that drive decisions and meaningful insights across our activities.
You may be the right candidate for this role if you have a strong background in designing and building web scraping solutions at scale and are well-versed in web technologies, automation, and protocols and you are motivated by a fast paced competitive environment. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on the bottom line of a fast-paced crypto-native team.
- Design, deploy, and maintain low latency and scalable scraping strategies for web sources, ensuring optimal performance and productivity.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of data requirements and deliver customized scraping solutions.
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity, and completeness of scraped data at every step of the process.
- Stay informed about the latest web technologies, frameworks, and protocols to continuously enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of web scraping.
- Work alongside the engineering team to seamlessly integrate scraping capabilities into existing systems and applications.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of automated testing and monitoring tools to enhance scraping processes.
- You thrive in less structured environments and are at your best when driving and delivering results with the freedom to build and execute your own plan
- You are as excited by starting a project as completing, maintaining and continually optimizing it
- You find the plethora of opportunities to leverage data to drive value for the firm exciting versus overwhelming
- Reverse engineering skills / interest
- Substantive experience in high performance web scraping teams
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective scraping strategies for diverse web platforms.
- Familiarity with reverse engineering techniques to extract data from complex web applications.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Python, Java, or Ruby.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to evolving requirements and prioritize tasks effectively.
Our Team & Culture
At Nascent, we are an interdisciplinary team of investors, builders & creators, capable of achieving more together than we can as individuals. We offer the opportunity to contribute to building the future global economic system with a world-class team and culture that pairs the freedom to explore, experiment & play with a competitive drive to win. We invest in our people by providing the autonomy to build, coupled with accountability & honest feedback to help learn, grow, perform & win. We’re a fully distributed team that understands the value of in-person time—we host two team retreats per year and encourage team members to come together for more frequent in-person work.
Principles that drive our team & work
- Build for the long term
- Align incentives
- Be nimble
- Compete to win
- Explore, experiment, play
- Always be building
- Give and embrace real feedback
What We Offer
At Nascent, we offer a competitive total compensation package heavily weighted toward bonus, ensuring that when we perform at our best and the firm wins we all win.
- The opportunity to learn, experiment and build in an entrepreneurial environment
- Remote and distributed working environment
- Comprehensive health benefits package including dental, vision, and life
- Generous paid parental leave & supported return to work
- Home Office, coworking space and wellness stipend
- Retirement plan matching contributions
- Open vacation policy as well as flexible work hours and location
- Access to our internal performance coaching, technical experts and support for continuing your skill development and growth
- Team activities and bi-annual in-person team retreats
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity and differences of perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status, inclusive of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.