August 28, 2023
The Tie is the leading provider of information services for digital assets. Our core offering, The Tie Terminal, is the fastest and most comprehensive platform for institutional digital asset market participants. With its unmatched breadth and depth of data coverage, combined with a suite of powerful, customizable tools, The Terminal provides an all-in-one solution to stay on top of the crypto market. Learn more about The Tie Terminal.
The Tie’s clients include hundreds of the leading traditional and crypto-native hedge funds, OTC desks, MMs, asset managers, banks, and other institutional market participants.
We’re backed by top-tier investors and retain the capital, customers, and team required to scale. We are long crypto and play a leading role in bridging traditional finance and digital assets.
The Tie is seeking a creative and motivated Product Design leader with strong attention to detail and an eye for clean, attractive user interfaces. You can create data-heavy, yet intuitive interfaces with an understanding of the overall product mission.
You’ll be a key member of the expanding design team, working together closely with engineers, designers, business leadership, partners, and customers in the industry. You will take a leading role in start to finish product design, including wire framing and designing production ready mockups for both web and mobile.
What you’ll work on:
- Collaborate closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to deliver high quality product experiences
- Turn business objectives into concepts by creating mood boards, visual design concepts, and mockups of intuitive user experiences
- Distill and visualize complex data sets and attributes into digestible views
- Incorporate pattern-based solutions across web-based platforms (with responsive designs) and native mobile apps
- Define, create, and improve the tools and processes that accelerate workflows for other designers and developers
- Help define, expand, and maintain our existing design system
- Turn mockups into reusable components within a Figma design system
- Prototype and iterate designs to connect and optimize user flows
- Demonstrate proficiency communicating throughout the design process from formulating high-level strategy to executing pixel-perfect mockups
- Serve as a player coaching, product product designs yourself and managing a training a team of junior product designers
- Exposure to and strong interest in the cryptocurrency space
- Strong familiarity with trading and finance, ideally with relevant professional working experience
- At least 4 years of product design experience
- Portfolio of latest relevant work
- Solid understanding of user-centered design and UX principles
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with component-based design tools such as Figma or Sketch
- Creative idea generator with a problem solving mindset
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Desire to take ownership of tasks and deliverables
- Proficiency in designing for financial and/or data-dense applications
- Employee stock option plan
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- A fast-paced and exciting work environment
- Strong teamwork-driven culture