August 3, 2023
We are currently sourcing for a Senior Software Engineer for Crypto Trading to work in Jersey City, New Jersey.
The Senior Software Engineer will be working in development and delivery of high quality, timely and maintainable software solutions in an Agile environment which meet functional and non-functional business requirements. This role will involve partner & stakeholder engagement, design and release support.
This is a hands-on role where you will write code for product features. You will work closely with the technical lead and architect to build secure, scalable, resilient cloud-based services utilizing modern software development practices. As a senior technical member of your team, you will guide junior engineers and help develop their technical skills.
- Implement High Performance algorithms for trading / crypto trading
- Working closely with our business partners to contribute to business-critical initiatives
- Demonstrate software engineering excellence through continuous integration, continuous deployment
- Keeps current with IT blueprint, frameworks and technologies that would benefit us and improve our productivity; guides junior team members on technology
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders/large cross functional teams as part of work delivery
- Follows practices and contribute towards innovative solutions to increase productivity
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience
- Extensive experience with core Java technologies
- Knowledge of WebSocket
- Working knowledge of relational and time series databases
- Experience with designing APIs, distributed systems, asynchronous workers and resilient messaging services
- An understanding of microservice architecture and cloud-based deployments
- Ability to build reliable software that can withstand unreliable environments
- Solid analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- An interest in and experience with cryptocurrencies and a passion for keeping up to date in the space.
- Have the drive and ability to deliver software with a high degree of automation
- Proficient with version control systems and can handle development for multiple releases in parallel
- Have the spirit and willingness to contribute to org level innovation
- Have a learning mindset and is able to demonstrate versatility in addition to your specialization
- Should have the ability to work effectively with both partners and project team members
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies or iterative development processes
- Knowledge of acceptance test-driven development a plus.
- Ability to take ownership
- Coach team members and take accountability for the deliverables
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Great attitude, being a mentor, team player and effective contributor
- You have focus on productivity
- Nice to have background in developing low latency trading systems.
- Nice to have Experience in Capital markets or Crypto Currency specifically with exposure to Trading, Algo Trading
- Nice to have Experience in building matching engine, OMS/EMS or exchange-connectivity platform
- Nice to have Experience in ultra-low latency design patterns and optimizing trading systems
- Nice to have Experience with low latency messaging products, such as Aeron, Solace and 29West
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Fidelity Digital Assets adopts an entrepreneurial culture and startup approach while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of hundreds of forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Trading Team. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Fidelity teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment.
This is a hands-on role where you will write code for product features. It is a great opportunity to build secure, scalable, resilient cloud-based services utilizing modern software development practices. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Fidelity teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment.
The Fidelity Digital Asset Trading Team is responsible for platform services and APIs that manage trading of crypto currency. Platform contains a crossing engine, smart router, market data aggregator among other trading modules running in low latency and high throughput environment.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in