August 28, 2023
🏄 About Safe and the team
Safe is the most trusted platform to manage digital assets on Ethereum and other leading protocols. Believing in the power of decentralization and open-source software development, we are building the Safe web and mobile application, developer tools and an inclusive online community to foster the core building blocks of the Web3 ecosystem. For more information about Safe, check out our website.
You’ll be joining a growing team that currently includes 50+ people. Most of our team is based in Berlin, Germany, but we also have awesome teammates in Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, UK, and other great countries.
💻 About the role
As a Senior Legal Counsel at Safe you will serve as a strategic partner providing legal guidance to our teams and oversee all legal aspects of our business, ensuring that the company operates within the law at all times.
Over time, the role is planned to be involved in strategic topics, such as legal product design of the Safe, regulatory assessment of products and partnerships, supporting the public affairs efforts, legal counselling on partnerships and investor relations.
🗃️ What you will be doing
- Corporate housekeeping: drafting and reviewing contracts and governance in cooperation with HR and Finance teams. Provide legal support and manage contractual compliance commitments for both - Safe ecosystem and team.
- Corporate governance: identifying and promoting excellent standards and best practices of corporate governance
- Legal counselling on ecosystem building (e.g. partnerships, grants, investments)
- Legal counselling and regulatory assessment on product development
- Support of our public affairs activities in order to establish and defend the core values of web3
- Support with investor and community relations to provide relevant stakeholders with a good overview of Core Contributors GmbH and the legal relations to the Swiss Safe Ecosystem Foundation.
🎒 What you will bring
- Excellent law degree and admission to practice law in Germany (an additional admission in a EU country, US or commonwealth jurisdiction is an asset)
- At least 2 years of relevant legal experience at a top law firm, startup and/or in-house legal department
- Experience in corporate governance, finance and/or investments
- Good knowledge of capital market laws and anti-money laundering laws
- Fluent in English and German
- Ability to express legally complex matters in a generally understandable manner
- High level of business pragmatism and “firefighting abilities”
- Professional and confident external appearance to coordinate external consultants
- Willingness to act as a legal generalist who is comfortable to handle most day to day matters in-house
- Resilient, highly-curious, innovative, and comfortable with high levels of uncertainty, responsibility, can-do attitude and self-direction
- Detail-oriented, resourceful with excellent follow-through skills, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
➕ Nice to have
- Experience drafting of frameworks and contracts for ecosystem funding and partnerships.
- Blockchain specific governance knowledge
🎉 What we can offer you
- Personal education and conference budgets
- Friday afternoons on research or on a side project in our ecosystem
- Flexible workplace when it comes to your work schedule
- Token allocation for all employees
- Annual company retreats
- Office space in the heart of Berlin, dedicated to blockchain development
Please apply with your English resume.
We’re growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you’re someone who loves taking initiative and getting things done, there’s a lot of opportunities for you at Safe. We look forward to your application!
Variety is the spice of life and a celebrated component of our culture. At Safe, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or physical ability.