June 8, 2023
- Novel problems and challenging technical tasks in a cutting edge field within the blockchain sector
- Help us build the ultimate cross-chain swapping solution
- Open and friendly office culture with regular informal activities
- Flat(ish) organisation structure with open and collaborative attitudes
- Relocation packages available
You can read more about Chainflip Labs and the team culture here.
What do we do?
Chainflip is a blockchain project that uses multi-party-computation and threshold signature schemes to allow our decentralised validator network to secure assets across multiple arbitrarily differentiated blockchain networks, with the ultimate goal of allowing users to swap between various cryptocurrencies across multiple blockchains in a trustless and composable way.
This is an exciting engineering challenge, one that we’ve been working on for 3 years. It is a multidisciplinary exercise in distributed systems, decentralised finance, blockchain consensus mechanisms, cyber security, applied cryptography, and user facing applications. Our engineering team of 15 is on the lookout for additional people to tackle this challenge with us. We’re mostly office-based in Berlin, Germany, but offer flexible working arrangements and remote work for some part of the year.
What’s the Job?
This role is open to a European based Senior Full Stack Engineer who wants to work in Web3. Experience in Typescript is ideal, but the role is open to everybody with Full Stack engineering knowledge and an interest in the Web3/Blockchain space.
If you join us, you will likely focus your efforts on several of these three projects depending on your skills and interests:
- State Chain Tooling: we are developing our own standalone blockchain using the substrate blockchain development framework. The Web team has been building out our own custom block explorer and other associated tooling necessary for a fully-featured blockchain project. Previous experience of working with complex type systems would be beneficial here, as would some knowledge of how blockchains work internally.
- The Swapping Interface: We are developing an on-chain trading system that requires the development of advanced web-based quoting systems that plug into real-time on-chain data and other data sources to quote prices and relay user intents to our blockchain.
- Scalability and Security projects: We need to develop a robust system for algorithmically detecting abuse of open web services called Brokers on our network.
No matter which project you work on, you will be exposed to all of the tough problems and trade-offs that decentralised finance and blockchains have to offer.
About the Rest of the Company
We are a Berlin-centric team with our own office space in the heart of Kreuzberg, but we have remote workers in a couple of countries in Europe, a new office in Dublin, and a team in Melbourne, Australia. We meet up as a whole team once a year, have a very open and flexible culture, and enjoy meaningful personal connections with one another. Our team has a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences to share, and hopefully you’ll be able to share yours with us too.
The Web team itself is composed of four brilliant young engineers with plenty of experience working with our technologies already.
We offer all Berlin based employees standard employment contracts under German law. Those that work with us remotely outside of Germany are typically contractors. On top of that, there are benefits for public transport, gym memberships and personal development like language courses.
Who Should Apply?
This is the role for you if you:
- Are based in Europe and are willing to relocate to Berlin
- Have 4+ years of professional full stack development experience
- Are interested in decentralisation and blockchain technology
- Have knowledge or experience with building and scaling systems
- Looking to push the boundaries of your knowledge in Web3
- Salaries and Token packages on offer are commensurate with skill and experience. Please indicate your expected salary range when applying, and we will take that into consideration during the interview process.
Please submit your CV for review. A screening call will be conducted by our COO. The next step is a take home challenge which will then be expanded upon in a 1-hour in-person or remote code interview. Following this you will have a more informal meeting with some other members of the team, including the CTO and CEO. This whole process can take as little as a week for the right candidates.