May 27, 2023
Evmos is on a mission to develop and ship the foundational tools necessary for building the cross-chain applications of the future, freeing developers from the confines of today’s siloed blockchains. Our teams are building for a world where the next million Web3 users are simply non-crypto native people. Read our latest manifesto here.
Evmos opens a new frontier for blockchain applications, expanding the functionality of the EVM by enabling cross-chain applications that tap the liquidity and user bases of multiple blockchain ecosystems to provide more unified experiences.
This is an opportunity to join Evmos at a pivotal time on our growth journey. Having just raised $27m in funding from investors including Polychain Capital, Coinbase Ventures and Circle Ventures, Evmos is now poised to accelerate toward our goal of becoming the playground for Ethereum Apps in the Cosmos ecosystem.
About the role
As a Senior Core Engineering Manager, reporting to Co-founder, Federico, you will be responsible for part of our Core Engineering team. You will have 3 reports whom you will be responsible for leading, mentoring and working with to drive the execution of our engineering goals. This is a hands-on, player-coach engineering leadership role. Strong knowledge of the Ethereum and Cosmos ecosystems is key and if you are not based in Berlin you must be willing to spend significant time there with the team.
This role would be perfect for someone who has hands-on experience as a Core engineering manager at a crypto project or is looking to step up into a management role. It is an opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most talented developers in Blockchain who have been building in the space since 2016 working on Tendermint, Ethermin, Sommelier, Ethereum and other Tier 1 projects in the crypto ecosystem.
- Lead and manage the engineering team to deliver high-quality, scalable, and maintainable code that supports Evmos’ goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with product, design, and other cross-functional teams to develop and execute on product strategies.
- Build and manage the engineering team, including hiring, mentoring, coaching, and fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to guide the development of the Evmos ecosystem.
- Ensure that the engineering team adheres to best practices, processes, and standards for software development, testing, and deployment.
- Ensure the production of high-quality code in line with the principles of modularity and testability.
- Ensure the creation of the documentation required for knowledge sharing and optimal onboarding of new team members.
- Manage the entire engineering process from development to testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Ability to write production-quality code in Go with efficient deployment, execution and maintenance.
- Experience writing API clients in gRPC, JSON-RPC, or REST.
- Use different technologies like Protobuf encoding.
- Ability to write clean and effective documentation and comments so that you can communicate the changes you implemented to the rest of the team, open source contributors and auditors.
- Understanding of blockchain technology, distributed systems, or cryptography.
- Experience working with Docker, and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience working with any public cloud service (eg. AWS or GCP).
- Familiarity with code generation tools, CI/CD practices, and infrastructure as code.
- You want to help us build community in the cities where we operate.
Below is a list of company benefits available to Evmos employees. We are constantly updating them as part of the regular feedback cycle from the team. Please reach out to us if you have a special requirement when applying to a position and we will happily take it into consideration.
- Competitive salary, plus token package.
- Fitness and mental health/mindfulness stipends.
- All necessary equipment, tech, and office setup.
- Global co-work membership (for remote employees).
- Health Care coverage.
- Transportation stipends, eg: Bike, public transportation, Uber / cab (in case of work-related or after-hour traveling).
- Unlimited vacation policy for full-time employees.
- PTO and situation-specific support.
- Maternity and paternity leave.
- Visa sponsorship for US or Germany - Subject to review by local authorities.
At Evmos, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, age or any other legally protected status.