July 19, 2023
At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products.
We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains. Wintermute’s customer-facing business includes various OTC products such as electronic trading API and single-dealer platform for a wide range of counterparties from crypto native whales to large traditional finance institutions.
Wintermute is also providing market making services for blockchain projects where we support most of the world’s largest and most prominent launches. In addition to providing the best in class liquidity products, Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. We are run as a technology company, not a financial service provider, and we build our culture around core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Risk Management at Wintermute
As Risk Analyst you will be part of the global Risk Management function. The team plays a vital role in Wintermute’s growing OTC and counterparty-facing business, as well as its presence on trading venues.
You will monitor, maintain and help improve the risk management framework for a large number of products (spot, derivatives, electronic and voice trading, etc) and types of counterparties.
You will work closely with senior Business Development managers, traders, middle office & trading operations. A strong understanding of the trade life cycle of derivatives and spot will be beneficial.
- Assessing counterparty and exchange risks, and monitoring limits
- Collateralization monitoring and managing liquidation events
- Communicate with relevant counterparties through risk and credit assessments
- Build tools to further enhance risk management monitoring and escalation
- Proactively help improve the risk framework across derivatives, and spot products
- Analyse market trends, reports, statistics, and relevant documentation, then inform relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Work closely with Middle Office on trade life cycle events such as margin calls, trade settlement and collateral management
- 1-2 years’ experience in Risk Management with Credit Risk being an advantage or Middle Office role with relevant responsibilities in a top tier/high performance financial institution.
- Understanding of OTC trading workflows and the trade life cycle of derivatives and spot products
- Experience with the crypto markets is an advantage but not required; you should be able to quickly understand how crypto markets may be different
- Strong commercial acumen that includes ability to take calculated risks, proactively identify and mitigate risks, develop tailored solutions (vs one size fits all “by the book” approach)
- Strong communication skills, the ability to understand when escalation is required
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on attitude, understanding the trade off between growth and risk
- Strong quantitative skills and high confidence working with numbers, large datasets
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or relevant business subject
- A unique opportunity to work interesting projects in the most exciting trading markets
- Career progression to become an algorithmic trader for candidates who are interested.
- A unique opportunity to join a market leading algorithmic trading firms in crypto and a prominent player in the blockchain ecosystem
- Great culture: highly professional and ambitious, yet informal, non-hierarchical, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A cool office in Singapore
- Regular team events, such as team lunches, team dinner, team board game sessions; these are not obligatory in any sense, but this is what we like to do
- Aligned incentive structure: a significant part of your compensation is performance-based with substantial upside
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in