December 8, 2022
Offchain Labs is building a suite of scaling solutions for Ethereum. This includes Arbitrum, an Optimistic Rollup, that instantly scales apps, reducing costs and increasing capacity, without sacrificing Ethereum's security. Porting contracts to Arbitrum requires no code changes or downloads since it’s compatible with existing Ethereum developer languages and tooling. Arbitrum today is the leading Ethereum scaling solution with dominant market share including hundreds of apps on the platform and over 50% of all rollup liquidity. Our team is extremely passionate and works tirelessly to bridge the gap between what blockchain is and what blockchain can be. We strive to maintain an atmosphere that fosters innovation and new ideas through collaboration, research, and deep discussions. After raising an initial round of $3.8M in seed funding in January 2019 and a $20M series A, as well as a $100M series B in 2021, we are ready to hire additional team members that have an interest in working in the blockchain space and a knack for approaching problems in unconventional ways.
What you’ll do:
- Attack fundamental challenges to building scalable, secure, reliable, user-friendly blockchain systems
- Reason through the emerging trends in the crypto and blockchain space and identify (non)obvious opportunities for Offchain Labs
- Proactively perform feasibility studies and analysis for new protocols, architectures, and feature enhancements
- Design & write technical specifications and academic papers
- Design and build proofs of concept
- Collaborate with research colleagues, share knowledge and expertise, and solve problems together
- Work with the teams across the broader organization, including engineering, product, and business development, to think beyond current technical limitations in delivering the best experience for our developers and users
Who you are:
- Doctorate degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 1 - 2 years of relevant research & development experience in academic and/or industry settings
- Deep expertise in one or more distributed systems, security or cryptographic research areas: e.g., distributed protocols, design and analysis of cryptographic algorithms, formal methods, secure multi-party computation, system security, and/or their application to data protection and privacy, authentication, payments, and cryptocurrencies.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn blockchain technologies
- An open-minded research approach and genuine intellectual curiosity
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms to a non-technical audience
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge within your team, organization, and broader community
- Experience or interest with layer 2 technologies is a plus.
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in developing and improving Arbitrum. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in