June 15, 2023
Talisman is a non-custodial wallet that was founded in 2021 by Australian crypto veterans with a combined two decades of experience in the industry. We are an early-stage project born in the Polkadot ecosystem (also known as the Polkadot Paraverse) that is focused on the fundamentals, such as talking to users and building to fulfil their needs. Our goal is to pioneer user experience and design language for the multi-chain world, and make it easy for anyone to become self-sovereign and master web3. We embrace decentralisation and operate as a fully remote team. We also work closely with our community, who use and love Talisman, test out new features, promote us, and support our users in our Discord server.
Are you dangerously online and open to taking a maiden sea voyage with little-to-no chance of safely returning? We’re seeking a Part-Time Product Marketing Specialist to join our dynamic team on the good ship Talisman. You’ll work closely with our talented designer, crafting engaging content for social media platforms that showcases our latest product features. Reporting directly to our Head of Product, you’ll ensure our message is articulately and charismatically communicated with some license to explore new and treacherous frontiers of online poasting.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with our designer to create captivating content for various social media platforms including Discord, Reddit (RIP), and in especially Twitter.
- Utilize creative tools, such as Figma, to produce visually appealing assets that effectively communicate key messages and resonate with our target audience.
- Craft concise, persuasive copy for social media posts, maintaining brand consistency and adhering to our marketing guidelines.
- Generate interest and encourage engagement by creating relevant and insightful Twitter threads.
- Maintain a nuanced awareness of the current thing, identifying opportunities to insert Talisman into the narrative.
- Monitor social media channels, help a customer or two, and be kind online.
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Product to fully grasp the technical aspects and unique value propositions of our new features, ensuring accurate and compelling messaging.
- Strong proficiency in social media platforms, particularly Twitter, with a deep understanding of audience engagement and growth strategies.
- Experience working with design tools like Figma or similar software to create visually appealing assets.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, especially in English, with the ability to craft compelling copy that resonates with our target audience. (Native English is not essential)
- A discerning eye for design and aesthetics, ensuring all marketing materials align with our brand identity.
- Outstanding ability to manage multiple tasks independently, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
Nice to haves:
- Personal Twitter account with a substantial following, or moderator of a significant community or subreddit reflecting your competence and capability in leveraging social media platforms effectively.
- Substantial experience working at or contributing to a previous crypto project reflecting your understanding of the cultural context or lesser known realities of the industry.
- Capability to create basic motion graphics or video for use as social media assets.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
- Experience programming or building simple web applications for any purpose.
About the role
- Part time 20 Hours per week with opportunity for full time in the future.
- Annual salary range 40-70k USD (Pro Rata)
- You’ll need to be able to work with our designer in Portugal and our Head of Product who is between Europe and Asia