August 3, 2023
As a Principal Data Engineer on the Trading Data team, you’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills and collaborate across Fidelity teams in a fun and dynamic environment. You will work closely with our architects to build secure, scalable solutions for operational, reporting and analytical data needs. Using AWS and/or on premises services, you’ll help design, implement and maintain data structures, batch jobs, interfaces to external systems and create data services. You’ll be responsible for data analysis, modeling, loading and transformations. You will coordinate builds using continuous integration pipelines and prepare for deployment to AWS using containers.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field required
- 8+ years of Data Engineering experience in a hands on manner with enterprise projects
- Strong expertise with emerging data technologies & cloud
- Strong SQL knowledge and work experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience in implementing BI tools and report development
- Experience implementing data solutions in AWS/on prem data centers using ETL tools, queues, batch scheduling services and various storage solutions
- Background in data analysis and data modeling
- You have expertise in migrating data to Amazon Aurora with PostgreSQL compatibility
- You have strong proficiency in managing query execution plans & Tuning Aurora PostgreSQL
- You have expertise in Integrating Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL with other AWS services
- You a proficient with best practices with Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL
- Data quality mind set and knowledge of techniques to ensure data quality
- Ability to build reliable software that can withstand unreliable environments
- Experience building unit and integration tests
- Experience building and deploying applications using continuous integration pipelines and automated deployment tools such as Jenkins, etc.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with Java technologies and REST services
- Passionate and open to learning new tools and developing with the latest technologies and frameworks
- Solid analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Data Visualization with tools like Tableau / PowerBI
- Consistently making choices that positively impact all of engineering
- You do not compromise for the sake of social acceptance and demonstrate conviction and drive to operate in highly ambiguous situations thriving in uncertainty while keeping your eyes on the long-term vision
- Drive technical discussions, arbitrate and recommend optimal path forward in a room of highly opinionated engineers that may or may not agree with you
- Use your experience and knowledge to influence better software design, promote proper software engineering and bug prevention strategies, testability and security
- Actively participate in the development process through writing and maintain application features and automated tests including unit tests, component tests, integration tests, functional tests
- Support the team in maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborate with team members on improving team’s test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Participate in application code and test code reviews with rest of the Scrum team
- Contribute to own entire features from concept to deployment working on cross-functional activities
- Contribute ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn
- This is a hands-on role where you will write code for product features
- Proficient in ultra-low latency design patterns and optimizing systems
- Nice to have experience in Capital Markets or Crypto Currency specifically with exposure to Trading, Algo Trading
- Nice to have experience with low latency messaging products, such as Aeron, Solace and 29West
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Fidelity Digital Assets adopts an entrepreneurial culture and startup approach while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of hundreds of forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.
As a Data Engineer you will be an integral part of the Trading Team. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Fidelity teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment.
This is a hands-on role where you will write code for product features. It is a great opportunity to build secure, scalable, resilient cloud-based services utilizing modern software development practices. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Fidelity teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment.
The Fidelity Digital Asset Trading Team is responsible for platform services and APIs that manage trading of crypto currency. Platform contains a crossing engine, smart router, market data aggregator among other trading modules running in low latency and high throughput environment.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in