December 8, 2022
At RDX Works, we're a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we're living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fuelled by decentralised finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to over $200 billion in a few years. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn't even a rounding error on the over $400 trillion held in traditional finance. We're focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions. RDX went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We're keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we're also blazing new ground in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration. We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now.
What is the job?
Do you enjoy working in an ambitious, fast-paced environment that requires critical and strategic thinking? Do you appreciate the challenge of collaboration across multiple channels to create highly visible work? Are you ready to identify new security trends, in both attack and defence, and be responsible for leading appropriate responses? You’ve come to the right place.
In this role, you will work closely with the Head of Cyber Security, supporting all areas of the business. You will be taking the lead across several security projects as well as providing advice, training, and support to the rest of the business.
The world of crypto moves quickly and decentralized finance (“DeFi,” RDX Works particular area of crypto) is proving to move quickest of all, so we need an excellent Cyber Security Engineer to tackle the unique security challenges our industry faces.
What does the job entail?
- Working directly with the Head of Cyber Security, you will take visible ownership of security solutions and activities across the entire company, including:
- Taking the lead on several security projects that impact all areas of the business.
- Mentor and support the security team, bringing experience and visibility of security issues across the industry to the team.
- Assessing compliance against security policies, and coming up with proportional strategies for improvement.
- Taking the lead on root cause analysis, incident management, and communication to non-technical teams.
- Providing security education and training across the company.
What do you need?
- At least 6 years of cyber security experience, working in a senior engineer or architect roles.
- Experience leading multiple security implementation/integration projects.
- Experience with GRC and supporting audit and compliance activities.
- Extensive (5+ years) experience deploying, integrating, and securing SaaS solutions and Cloud hosted infrastructure.
- Experience with threat assessment and vulnerability lifecycle management.
- Experience taking the lead in incident response and remediation.
- Critical thinking skills, with an ability to quickly deliver root cause analysis, and explain it to non-security stakeholders.
- Project management expertise (either leading a project entirely or significant responsibility for critical path security deliverables).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in FinTech, financial services, and/or crypto is highly desirable – be prepared to explain how cryptocurrencies work, and the common security challenges.
- CISSP certification.
- Certifications to showcase your experience with Project Management, Agile development techniques, and Cloud platforms.
- Portfolio of work (GitHub, published articles, conference talks) showcasing your expertise and interests.