December 6, 2022
Nansen is a blockchain analytics platform that enriches on-chain data with millions of wallets labels. Crypto investors use Nansen to discover opportunities, perform due diligence and defend their portfolios with our real-time dashboards and alerts.
About the role
As a Head of Security at Nansen you will be responsible to ensure our software, cloud, hardware, and related components are protected from cyber threats. The job will include developing security systems, analysing current systems for vulnerabilities, and handling any and all cyber attacks in an efficient and effective manner.
Candidates should have strong IT skills and a deep understanding of cyber threats. Our platform is based on Open Source languages and frameworks, hosted on Google Cloud Platform.
Your goals are set high and you plan to eventually become the best in your field. You have a genuine interest in technology and are keeping up with the latest developments as part of your job. You appreciate the value of the process but can be flexible in a fast paced, start-up environment when the conditions call for it. You find joy in solving hard problems and bringing solutions to market when it seems there are none.
As a Head of Security, you will report to the VP of Engineering.
- Build our Security Function from scratch, establishing a team and leveraging 3rd party providers.
- Safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
- Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Ensure our systems are compliant with regulations and normatives around cybersecurity and privacy
- Recognize problems by identifying anomalies, reporting violations.
- Implement security improvements by assessing the current situation; evaluating trends, anticipating requirements.
- Ensure applications and systems are developed securely.
- Upgrade systems by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keep users informed by preparing performance reports, communicating system status.
- Communicate well at senior leadership and board level to help others assess and understand security related business risk.
Are you the right person for this role?
The ideal candidate for us has:
- 8+ years of security experience
- Experience in Penetration and Testing
- Experience in Security Incident Response
- Experience with Vulnerability canning solutions
- Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics and Network Forensics.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows) and Unix and basic Unix commands
- Cloud Security experience, ideally on Google Cloud Platform
- Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience