August 28, 2023
At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products.
We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains. Wintermute is also offering best-in-class OTC products to crypto native as well as traditional financial institutions.
Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects. We act as official liquidity providers for a large number of the world’s highest profile blockchain projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a Trader Assistant with good Python coding skills Python and a curiosity about HFT, market making and crypto trading. You will be working closely with the traders on the trading floor to expand and improve trading activities across multiple markets and strategies. You will learn from them and be at the centre of the action, from supporting trading to liaising with developers while keeping in mind automation and scalability.
- Assisting traders with ad-hoc market events and opportunities
- Helping to debug live trading systems and detecting abnormalities
- Reconciling both manual and automated OTC trading
- Developing and generating new reports, analysis and GUI tools which can be used by traders to improve strategies.
- Optimising and automating general workflows
Hard Skills Requirements
- Good Python skills - you have experience coding in Python, be that through work, study or personal project experience - we will test!
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills - we will test!
- Trading knowledge isn’t required but a strong willingness and curiosity to learn algorithmic, high-frequency, quantitative and market making trading is crucial
- Interest and curiosity in blockchain, crypto and DeFi - you like keeping track of major news and developments the crypto world
- A unique opportunity to work interesting projects in the most exciting trading markets
- Career progression to become algorithmic traders for interested candidates
- A unique opportunity to join a market leading algorithmic trading firms in crypto and a prominent player in the blockchain ecosystem
- Great culture: highly professional and ambitious, yet informal, non-hierarchical, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A cool office in central London
- Aligned incentive structure: a significant part of your compensation is performance-based with substantial upside
Tips for Successful Application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role and the space; this is not for someone who is just looking for “a job” or is very mercenary
- Do your research: look at our website and social media channels
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you’d like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in crypto and market making in general and in Wintermute in particular.
- Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions! If you don’t have some obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant/transferable (but note, we do require Python knowledge)
- Prepare to be tested on your Python knowledge. Your knowledge and ability to get things done fast is very important to us
- Do your homework on what hft/market making/algo trading is. (Hint: we are not in the business of position taking, directional betting, stock/token picking, technical analysis, “AI” (as in the buzz-word) and we are not a research business for the sake of research)
- We get a lot of applications, so unfortunately, we won’t be able to proceed if you simply press “submit button”; we do promise to reply to everyone who puts time and effort into making the application relevant!