December 6, 2022
At RDX Works, we're a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we're living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fuelled by decentralised finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to over $200 billion in a few years. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn't even a rounding error on the over $400 trillion held in traditional finance. We're focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions. RDX went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We're keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we're also blazing new ground in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration. We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now.
What will you be doing?
- Business partner across business to provide supportive insight to key stakeholders. This will include senior management and other key leadership figures.
- Support with interpreting financial and non-financial metrics and share information to enable the business to grow according to our core values and strategic outlook.
- Provide routine and ad-hoc reporting and analysis to the team and to business partners in a form that accurately and clearly articulates the key points.
- Controllership will be one of your priorities. You will work with a variety of data sources and will identify basic control risks, evaluate impact, propose changes, and implement improvements to remediate gaps
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Identify opportunities to improve, automate, standardise or simplify finance or business tools and processes; lead projects to execute on those opportunities
Commercial Financial Analysis
- Analysing past financial performance, preparing competitor analysis, and examining market trends along with commentary for management.
- Assist with creating financial models to predict growth and forecast performance.
- Use the expertise in the collection, analysis and management of quantitative financial data, creating reports for monthly P&L analysis and financial forecasts.
- Assist with analysing previous budgets and forecasts and performing variance analysis to explain discrepancies.
- Assist in the development of KPIs, including new dashboard reports and analytics, for reporting to the management and executive teams
- Assist with preparing financial and strategic plans for business teams and the wider organisation.
- Manage monthly and quarterly cash flow forecast
What do you need?
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within a scale-up organisation
- Finance Degree or related qualification is great, but not necessary
- Experience of budgeting, business planning and forecasting is a plus
- Advanced financial analysis and financial modelling skills
- Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with business partners
- Fluency in Microsoft Suite and/or SQL, VBA, Google Business Suite
- Experience working in small finance teams
- Team-oriented approach with experience working in geographically dispersed teams
- You could be a great fit, if our company values resonate with you - Be excellent to each other. Take the initiative, You’ve got this. Do the right thing, not the easy thing. Strong opinions, loosely held.