December 6, 2022
At RDX Works, we're a team of like-minded thinkers who have long been convinced that we're living in the earliest stages of a global financial revolution. This revolution is being fuelled by decentralized finance (or DeFi for short), which is enabling an assortment of pioneering developers and entrepreneurs to re-invent almost every financial product that is currently traded and invested in traditional markets, without requiring central authorities or siloed infrastructure. DeFi has captured a great deal of attention and investment in the crypto-aware niche, growing assets under management from $1 billion to over $200 billion in a few years. Impressive as its growth has been, its current market size isn't even a rounding error on the over $400 trillion held in traditional finance. We're focused on what it will take to go from billions to trillions. RDX went back to first principles to come up with the right technical solution—the first layer-one protocol built specifically for mainstream DeFi—and we have already tested out at over 1 million transactions per second. We're keenly aware that the need for an infinitely scalable platform is only one prerequisite among many for mass adoption, and we're also blazing new ground in the areas of purpose-built developer tools, user experiences, and regulatory integration. We have forged a path deep into the future of what distributed ledger technology is going to look like and we need you to come and be part of the team that is making that happen right now.
What is the job?
RDX Works is looking for a Financial Accountant who has a strong and wide ranging background in financial and accounting; budgeting, tax payments, audits processes and compliance.
The successful candidate will be joining a readily growing scaleup and will assist with financial reporting across the wider finance team. You will also manage other activities, such as assisting the team with the operation of the UK and oversee payroll.
You are a proactive and well-organised person with strong attention to details. You are great at planning and logical thinking but flexible enough to adapt when plans and circumstances change.
What will you be doing?
- Assist in the preparation, review and analysis of the monthly reporting in line with the internal timetable in particular, balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of month-end accrual and prepayment schedules for the all companies
- Assist in the preparation of the Group and subsidiary entities statutory financial statements in accordance with IFRS and ensuring timely filing and statutory compliance
- Deal with the external auditors, inspectors and advisors ensuring their queries are resolved and the audit process runs smoothly
- Maintain compliance with all internal control procedures surrounding financial reporting
- Support the head of finance with the preparation of corporate tax returns and involvement in corporate tax on an adhoc basis.
- Review VAT returns prepared by another member of the team
- Assist the team with the operation of the UK and oversee payroll as required
- You could be a great fit, if our company values resonate with you - Be excellent to each other. Take the initiative, You’ve got this. Do the right thing, not the easy thing. Strong opinions, loosely held.
What do you need?
- High standard of technical accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- Experience of participating in the annual audit with external auditors and preparing the annual financial statements
- Development and improvement of accounting processes and controls
- Logical approach to problem solving with a hands-on and can-do attitude
- Wide ranging financial and management accounting experience; production of management accounting information including: profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flows and narrative and variance analysis
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and data modelling skills
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment and proven track record of working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability
- Attention to detail with a strong team ethos
- Ability to work unsupervised, showing initiative in identifying problems and posing solutions
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification or relevant work experience
- Experience in cryptocurrency is desirable but not essential