July 16, 2023
As the Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for a portfolio of applications and engineering associates assigned to the Wallet WebApp Chapter. This is an Engineering Manager role where you will work very closely with Product Area Leads, Squad Leads, Architects, and Engineering teams to deliver high quality cloud-based technology solutions to meet business requirements.
You will maintain a strong team of high performers and invest in their career growth. Additionally, with the help of the technical lead on your team, you will ensure that modern software development standard methodologies are followed.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required
- 10+ years of software engineering experience in building web applications that are scalable, resilient and secure
- 6+ years of experience directly managing a team of software engineers
- Experience in hiring, motivating and retaining top talent
- Experience in managing associates in remote locations
- Software engineering background in frontend and backend services development
- An understanding of microservice architecture and cloud-based deployments
- Experience in modern software development practices such as infrastructure as code, test automation, CI/CD and containerization
- Experience in applying agile delivery processes to improve business value
- Familiarity with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum a plus
- You have a strong background in managing software delivery for critical applications
- You have strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- Collaborating with stake holders to understand business requirements and deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations
- Promoting engineering best practices, architectural standards and consistency
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading, and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Fidelity Digital Assets embraces an entrepreneurial culture and startup mindset while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of hundreds of forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.
Within Fidelity Digital Assets, the Wallet WebApp Team is responsible for the frontend, backend services and APIs that support digital assets transactions on networks such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in