January 12, 2023
Web3 has enabled an internet of value, orchestrated with tokens. At Co:Create, we believe in the power and potential of web3 to fundamentally redefine how brands engage with consumers and share value with external brand contributors, collaborators and community members. To support this evolution, we are building a platform that allows brands to harness the power of web3 by launching tokenized loyalty and rewards programs that create more value, voice and ownership for their community. We’ve raised a $25M seed round led by a16z crypto with participation from Packy McCormick of Not Boring, VaynerFund, Rarebreed Ventures, and notable angels at RTFKT, Tessera, OpenSea, CAA, Coinbase and BoysClub.
As Director of Business Development, your role will be to define and execute on the GTM strategy to drive new client acquisition. You will be a key member of the leadership team, reporting to the CEO. You will be responsible for proactively identifying and engaging potential clients, as well as responding to client inbound requests. You are a doer and someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. You enjoy coming up with the plan and putting it in action. You will have experience dealing with ambiguity, operating in a quickly changing, high-growth environment, building and managing relationships, and solving complicated problems with limited oversight.
You’ll get to
- GTM Strategy: Performing research on the market landscape across consumer brands in media, entertainment, sports, gaming, fashion and other forms of IP to identify top areas for growth for Co:Create.
- Client Acquisition: Utilizing the market landscape you’ve developed to identify specific target prospects and reach out to them to create and qualify leads and manage deals from discovery-to-close. Responding to inbound leads and working with marketing to create and implement MQL and SQL criteria.
- Strategic Partnerships: Identifying and negotiating deals with strategic partners including blockchains, marketplaces, consulting firms and complementary product partners.
- Industry & Team Education: Driving awareness for Co:Create by attending industry gatherings and events. Bringing learnings back to the Co:Create to help the team stay abreast of market developments.
- Want more information, check out the Mission & Outcomes for the Director of Business Development.
Who we are looking for
- Must have 8+ years of experience in Business Development.
- At least 1 year of experience in crypto/blockchain/NFT project management or business development.
- A diverse and deep knowledge bank in developing business models, implementing partnership strategies, including complex bespoke deals and scalable/repeatable initiatives.
- Polished interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills in engaging with all corporate and executive levels both internally or externally.
- A significant amount existing relationships within the web3 ecosystem, particularly with a focus in NFT projects and consumer brands.
- Experience growing loyalty programs
- Highly knowledgeable and self-motivated to learn about products, technology, customers, and competitors
- Has experience in an early startup phase (Seed ~ Series A), including pre-product-market-fit companies.
- A great partner, who is fantastic at simplifying complex concepts, with great leadership abilities that motivate teams to achieve success
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, prioritize, communicate, and function in a small team
Salary and Compensation
- Competitive salary, as well as lucrative equity and tokenomics incentives. Curious what that means? Learn more about How We Determine Salary at Co:Create.
- Annual salary: $151,800 -$216,000
- Equity compensation: 0.125% - 0.236%
Benefits & perks
- Fully remote team (US based time-zone employees only at this time)
- Team offsites quarterly at locations across the country
- Health insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Unlimited vacation & paid time off
- $2,500 in “get what you need to get started funds”.
- $325/month in “get what you need” funds.
- A NFT Starter Pack, including money to grow your NFT collection
- Hate Monday meetings? so do we! We have a strong “no meetings” policy on Mondays.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture:
- We care personally, and challenge directly: We know and care about each other. We challenge each other to be better. We don’t care about being right, but getting right.
- We build on our strengths: We each have superpowers and we strive to create an environment where individuals are able to do what they do best.
- We act!: We make informed, bold decisions, using data when possible.
- Community first: If our community isn’t winning, neither are we.
- We’re curious: We seek to understand. We stretch beyond our personal areas of expertise. We learn as much as we can in a rapidly evolving space.
- We are optimistic, but realistic: We know we will be successful, but have a healthy respect for challenges we have to overcome.
The Co:Create protocol is the first endeavor from Gesso Labs, a team of web3 entrepreneurs, engineers, artists, and operators. Gesso, (pronounced “Jesso”, the Italian word for chalk) is a primer applied to blank canvases that serves as the foundational layer all other paints adhere to. Our name speaks to what we aim to deliver: tooling and infrastructure that empowers creators to realize the promises of web3 - dynamic, decentralized experiences that benefit all participants.
We are backed by some of the best projects and technical minds in the space and we’re excited to have many of these partners along for the ride as investors, advisors and future users of the protocol.
We are a woman-led company and believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Candidates of all protected classes are encouraged to apply and we offer equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in