July 21, 2023
Fidelity Digital Assets is seeking a Director of Business Development to achieve aggressive business growth goals in onboarding clients to our Enterprise-grade custody and execution services offerings. The position will report into the Head of US Business Development at Fidelity Digital Assets. You will contribute to the strategic vision and direction of the business development organization, support other functions of Fidelity Digital Assets and contribute as a positive and active business partner at the enterprise level.
As Director of Business Development, you will collaborate with internal & external collaborators to identify, develop, and complete strategies that create deep and lasting partnerships focused on the growing demand for digital access among institutional clients.
The Expertise You Have
- Demonstrated success in an institutional sales role interacting with one or more the following client segments: banks, brokers, hedge funds, Financial Advisors, Family Offices, Asset Managers.
- Understanding of technology, market and ecosystem as it relates to cryptocurrencies, blockchain, tokenized securities, electronic execution, institutional custody, broker-dealers (B/Ds) and the financial advisory marketplaces.
- Ability to quickly size up a market opportunity, strategize business partnerships, understand the relevance of distribution channels, and negotiate deals.
- Accomplished financial services executive with 8+ years’ experience.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills in managing internal and external relationships in a proactive, upbeat and customer-focused way.
- Experience managing a client pipeline and getting results in a thoughtful and collaborative way.
- Comfort with the sales toolkit, including experience with CRM systems and development of pitchbooks and sales materials.
The Value You Deliver
- Assist in developing and completing strategies to monetize internal and external distribution channels
- Participate in shaping go-to-market strategies and participate in the marketplace to develop and maintain channels for sales.
- Identify potential partnership opportunities and set up deal execution, including prioritization of partners, pipeline development, financial assessment, transaction structuring, and implementation.
- Partner with product and strategy teams to conceptualise new product functionality that will continue to keep our business model driven within the enterprise space.
- Represent the voice of the market and the customer with peers and partners in: product, marketing, legal, risk, compliance, relationship management, implementation, operations and client service.
- Build close, appropriate partnerships across the digital assets ecosystem, representing Fidelity’s interests and objectives.
- Understand the exciting value delivered by digital assets and develop thought leadership on what that means for Fidelity’s businesses.
- Monitor, research and evaluate market trends and signals, including competitor business models, industry news and regulatory developments.
- Communicate effectively to audiences with varying levels of seniority and understanding of finance, cryptocurrencies and distributed ledger technologies