July 17, 2023
Offchain Labs is building a suite of scaling solutions for Ethereum. This includes Arbitrum, an Optimistic Rollup, that instantly scales apps, reducing costs and increasing capacity, without sacrificing Ethereum’s security. Porting contracts to Arbitrum requires no code changes or downloads since it’s compatible with existing Ethereum developer languages and tooling. Arbitrum today is the leading Ethereum scaling solution with dominant market share including hundreds of apps on the platform and over 50% of all rollup liquidity.
Our team is extremely passionate and works tirelessly to bridge the gap between what blockchain is and what blockchain can be. We strive to maintain an atmosphere that fosters innovation and new ideas through collaboration, research, and deep discussions. After raising an initial round of $3.8M in seed funding in January 2019 and a $20M series A, as well as a $100M series B in 2021, we are ready to hire additional team members that have an interest in working in the blockchain space and a knack for approaching problems in unconventional ways
Developer Relations Advocate will be critical to accelerate the growth of the Arbitrum developer ecosystem by empowering and inspiring developers around the world to build on Arbitrum. As part of the broader Product team, you will work to shape and grow our engagement with the global developer ecosystem. Day-to-day, you’ll be responsible for driving developer adoption through talks, workshops, educational content, and other programs. You’ll also work closely with the product and engineering teams to triage developer feedback into new projects, tooling, and priorities — ensuring that the developer experience on Arbitrum is best-in-class.
What You’ll Do:
- Take ownership of the developer experience on Arbitrum, proactively identifying issues and potential solutions that drive developer adoption, from protocol-level changes to third-party infrastructure requirements to our documentation, tooling, and supporting assets
- Be an advocate in the developer ecosystem (spanning web2 and web3), championing Arbitrum and building relationships with developers and related organizations (accelerators, dev shops, hackathon organizers, etc.) to grow Arbitrum’s awareness among developers
- Design systematic and scalable global programs that foster developer
- Community growth and interaction, helping new and experienced developers deploy smart contracts, migrate projects and optimize existing applications
- Actively participate in developer events aimed at education and onboarding, including live coding sessions, speaking at conferences, virtual meetups, and hackathons, working with our Events team to prioritize and attend key events
- Work alongside our engineers to assist with the creation of tutorials, demos, and other reference materials
- Work directly with the Product team to drive growth in the Arbitrum ecosystem, from converting patterns observed in the ecosystem into prioritized development work to helping to shape the go-to-market strategy of new Products, especially for the developer audience
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for and solid understanding of blockchain technologies
- Competent CS fundamentals, either in a formal university program or through self-learning
- 2+ years of experience working on a developer relations team or in a similar role, growing awareness of and engagement with developer products, experience doing so in the blockchain industry is nice to have
- Experience delivering talks on technical concepts is required, either through work experience or through other activities
- Experience writing Go and/or Solidity code is nice to have
- Experience writing and deploying smart contracts in EVM environments is nice to have
- Ability to dissect and explain complex topics in a simple manner
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with both internal and external parties
- Experience at a high-growth technology company or startup is nice to have but not required
At Offchain Labs, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential to our success.
We are committed to building a welcoming and supportive workplace for all employees, regardless of their background or identity. We strive to create an environment where everyone feels valued and has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive. We encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply and join our team.
This job is no longer available
See more jobs in