July 5, 2023
Blockswap Labs is a research & development firm dedicated to making blockchain technology accessible to mainstream users. We build permissionless middle layers for Web3 and PoS blockchain adoption, catalyzing crypto asset adoption for the masses. As core contributors to the Blockswap Network and Proof of Neutrality Network, we are committed to building credibly neutral public benefit infrastructure that catalyzes the adoption of cryptocurrencies, Etheruem blockchain, and EVM benefits to a wide range of users and protocols.
Our team is diverse and distributed and is known for leading the charge in frontier tech like MEV PBS implementation, Encrypted Mempool, ZK proof Routers, state Replication Gadget, and MPC as a service. We’re passionate believers in an Ethereum future driven by rollups, with a keen focus on security and formal methods in all our protocol innovations.
About the Role:
Are you an experienced Data Infrastructure Engineer looking for an extraordinary opportunity to shape the future of blockchain?
If so, Blockswap is looking for a competent Data Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in shaping our MEV Proof Of Neutrality infrastructure. This unique role offers the chance to oversee and engage with various Ethereum MEV supply chain applications, giving you exposure to MEV, DeFi primitives, and Rollups, expanding your knowledge, and influencing these rapidly-evolving domains.
At Blockswap, we’re building a state aggregation and MEV OFA general infrastructure from the ground up. This will empower developers to innovate the next wave of MEV-aware protocols with cryptographic assurances and onchain public verifiability. Real-time integration of State replication and programmable state extensions will streamline intent provisions and order flow management, making them more efficient and agile.
As our Data Infrastructure Engineer, your contributions will go far beyond the ordinary, playing a vital role in the R&D and production of our MEV system, working alongside our Engineering, Monitoring, and Cryptography teams. Your focus will be on Block production, EVM executions, MEV rails, and ensuring the reliability of our PON Infrastructure while using our in-house cryptographic tools.
This role is designed for those who are driven, disciplined, and agile, ready to roll up their sleeves and create impactful changes in the industry in MEV and Cross-domain transactions. The complexities of MEV, Cross-domain transactions, or decentralized MEV services do not rattle you. Instead, you see these as opportunities to excel in a high-velocity-demanding work environment.
- You’ll write and maintain ETL and their orchestration to build products and APIs.
- Manage Observability challenge — monitoring the uptime of Ethereum Node and reliability of our protocols contract rules.
- Develop and build a highly scalable, secure, and reliable Data indexing that helps Registry smart contracts usage at a fundamental level.
- Implement APIs for efficient querying and data access by internal and external clients, focusing on security and performance.
- Develop** and maintain pipelines & features:** to ensure data quality, consistency, and availability across various data sources and improve the current data engineering stack.
- Ensuring data infrastructure is optimized for performance and cost, leveraging AWS & Cloud best practices
- Data governance policies and procedures include data lineage, cataloging, and data quality monitoring for the Ethereum Consensus and Execution Layer.
- You will be instrumental in both the research & development and production stages of our MEV system, fostering collaboration with our Engineering, Monitoring, and Cryptography teams.
- You will guide Block production, EVM executions, and MEV rails and bolster the reliability of our PON Infrastructure, leveraging state-of-the-art cryptographic tools crafted by our team.
- 3+ years of professional experience as an engineer in data engineering or platform infrastructure teams
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, Restful APIs, and hands-on experience with JSON-RPC endpoints.
- Knowledge in bulletin boards, Pub/sub messaging, MQTT desired
- Desirably 1+ years of experience in Data Engineering handling Ethereum Node running, Indexers (GraphQL), or event-driven infrastructures.
- Strong communication skills and fluent English is a must.
- Experience/strong interest in blockchain
- Experience in greenfield data engineering projects, specifically in data infrastructure projects.
- Advanced knowledge of modern data pipeline architecture and cloud platforms, e.g., AWS.
- Hands-on design experience with data pipelines, joining data between structured and unstructured data.
- Comfort with one or more: Python/Rust//Golang
- Comfort writing SQL queries.
Blockswap is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace all qualified persons to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.