August 31, 2023
About Outlier Ventures
Outlier Ventures is a dedicated Web 3.0 accelerator founded in 2014 that works with startups at various stages of their lifecycle. From pre-seed / seed to later stage, about to launch (or live) token networks specializing in a New Data Economy, NFTs, and decentralised finance bringing together a network of 1,000 of the world’s leading Web3 founders, protocols, VCs to mentor, and invest. Outlier Ventures partners with global brands such as Walmart’s innovation arm Store No8 and protocols like Aptos and NEAR to bring these dedicated programs to startups.
About the role
The Communications Associate will play a vital role in developing and executing Outlier’s communication strategies. Reporting to the Head of Communications, the successful candidate will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement communication plans that enhance our brand, engage stakeholders, and drive business objectives.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious marketer with 1 - 2 years experience and an interest in innovation and Web 3.0 technologies to have their work associated with the leading global Web3 accelerator. There are also opportunities to work across other areas including social media and events.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in developing and executing the communication strategy to promote Outlier Venture’s initiatives, products, and values.
- Helping secure media coverage and event speaking opportunities for Outlier Ventures’ spokespeople.
- Help draft, edit, and proofread a wide range of written materials, including press releases, articles, website copy, blog posts and social media content.
- Support on coordinating the planning and execution of Outlier hosted events.
- Impeccable [British] English writing skills
- Solid experience with Google Docs, Sheets and Gmail.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Time management and planning
- High level of organization & great attention to detail
- A familiarity with the crypto/Web 3.0 space and/or a demonstrable ability to learn new topics.
- Confidence to listen to and/or read a brief and ask questions sufficiently to then work independently to complete tasks.