September 10, 2023
If you’ve ever envisioned yourself at the forefront of AI and Web3 innovation, then Cere offers the perfect opportunity to transform that vision into reality.
Cere is a cutting-edge Web3 data infrastructure scale-up seeking someone who is not just looking for a job but wants to be challenged to accomplish great things in an exciting venture.
As Chief of Staff, you are pivotal in aligning our strategic objectives, ensuring streamlined communication, and championing our mission.
Reporting directly to the CEO and being in the “right-hand position” allows you to learn from a firehose but also challenges you to take on various tasks and the follow-ups they require. It involves a combination of strategic thinking, grunt work in the trenches, and a vast amount of ownership mentality to see projects through.
About Cere Network
Since its launch in 2019, the Cere team has consistently anticipated the difficulties that the present systems would encounter, now highlighted by the swift advancements of AI and the accompanying surge in data. With companies using multiple vendors causing data fragmentation that complicates AI integration, Cere is presenting itself as an objective, open-source solution, with a clear vision: All data should be decentralized. Unequivocally.
Cere is backed by the world’s largest institutions and projects, including Binance Labs, Republic Labs, and Polygon. For more info, see: www.cere.network.
At Cere, we’re not just hiring for roles; we’re seeking a specific blend of qualities.
We value those who excel in our fast-paced environment, embracing methodical, simulation-driven development and a first-principle thinking approach.
Our team members uphold high standards, discipline and a growth mindset that fuels ongoing learning and process refinement. Exceptional written communication is a must, as we rely on tools like Notion, Slack, and Wiki to ensure organized, transparent collaboration.
We prioritize autonomy and goal orientation, fostering a culture of accountability and transparency. Our ecosystem thrives on supportive, challenge-driven teamwork, a driving force behind Cere’s rapid innovation.
We’re drawn to individuals with character, high standards, and the ability to build and optimize efficient habits. A growth mindset and commitment to collective success underscore our team dynamics, as we aim to nurture a larger ecosystem of collaboration and progress.
- Drive implementation of the CEO’s key decisions across the organization, ensuring full alignment and accountability.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO and handle special projects and/or urgent needs as they arise.
- Communicating on behalf of the leadership and providing critical strategic context to build stakeholder alignment throughout the organization.
- Drive a product and metric-focused approach in the entire organisation while becoming very proficient at connecting the dots between key business objectives, technical solutions, and people management.
- Measuring the progress of internal goals and strategies through a data-driven approach. Review and advise on improvements to process implementations and optimize results
- Come up with other innovative ways to make the organization more effective, whether by creating new programs, streamlining operations, hiring, managing more effectively or kick-starting and owning a completely new initiative.
- Proven experience as a Chief of Staff or similar high-performing role in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing, etc.
- Proficient in data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or related field; MSc/MBA is a plus.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Demonstrated capacity for collaboration, problem-solving, and making sound decisions.
- Epic-level of communication skills, particularly in English. The aperture of communication between you and the CEO will be one of the most important factors in your success.
- Demonstrated passion for technology and products.
- Proven capabilities to operate in a startup or client service environment.
A bit more about our Multinational, High-Performance (and primarily remote) Team
Join a highly talented multicultural team that is based all over the world. We have offices in San Francisco, New York, Warsaw, Amsterdam, Berlin. As stated above, we make remote working possible by embracing our ethos, yet many teams also travel to meet in person every 1-2 months. We all want high degrees of autonomy and flexibility to make life and work fun, but transparency, accountability/ownership are the requisites.