September 10, 2023
At Wintermute our mission is to enable, empower and advance the truly decentralized world for more transparent and efficient markets and products. We do this by providing liquidity algorithmically across most trading venues in crypto, supporting all major centralized and decentralized trading venues, AMMs, RFQs, aggregators and chains.
Wintermute’s customer-facing business includes various OTC products such as electronic trading API and single-dealer platform for a wide range of counterparties from crypto native whales to large traditional finance institutions. Wintermute is also providing Liquidity provision services for blockchain projects where we support most of the world’s largest and most prominent launches. In addition to providing the best in class liquidity products, Wintermute is actively participating in the building and development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments from Wintermute Ventures, partnerships and co-development with upcoming protocols and incubation of own projects.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable business with a very ambitious vision and roadmap. We manage billions of dollars in assets and trade more than $5B/day. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. We are run as a technology company, not a financial service provider, and we build our culture around core values of ambition, collaboration, entrepreneurship, transparency and meritocracy.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a Business Development & Partnerships Director of Asia who will continue our ambitious expansion in the region. We are looking for someone who knows the Asian financial services markets, is curious about digital assets and is excited to make a big impact for Wintermute in Asia.
You will be responsible for building new as well as growing Wintermute’s existing businesses in Asia. You will own opportunities in the region from end to end and develop your own strategic growth plan, while also getting advice and guidance from the team. We have the best liquidity products in the market, we work with many of the most prominent blockchain projects, we have many strategic growth opportunities in the pipeline, and a long line of counterparties wanting to develop relationships with us.
We have no legacy processes, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals, yet the highest standards of professionalism.
What will you work on
As a leading algorithmic trading firm in digital assets with one of the largest OTC desks and a wide spectrum of products, your role will be varied with a certain focus that fits your skills and company’s objectives.
- Grow institutional OTC business in Asia - this includes developing and executing your own growth plan in regards to Asia banks, asset managers and funds
- Work closely with other teams to bring new products (e.g. new derivatives products) to the market, this includes collecting customer feedback, testing products, launch plans, etc
- Grow the crypto project Liquidity provision business - deepen and build relationships with high profile projects in the region, as well as local VCs and other important ecosystem players
- Growth partner relationships with important partners such as exchanges, custodians, lenders and other infrastructure providers
- Work with various cross-functional teams to drive brand awareness in the key markets in Asia (Singapore, Hong Kong, S. Korea, Japan, South-East Asia, Australia)
- Execute a structured business development process and work with the teams to further improve operational efficiency (e.g. CRM, effectiveness of campaigns, etc)
- Keep track of key launches and news in the crypto eco-system and proactively identify cooperation and business development opportunities
Hard Skills Requirements
- Experience in traditional financial services experience - high performing teams in banking, asset management, funds; experience with eFX platforms is a significant advantage
- Experience with spot and derivatives OTC products is a significant advantage, e.g. options, structured products
- Experience in business development, partnerships or any client-facing role (B2B sales, investment banking, etc)
- Experience delivering business results - be ready to talk about numbers/quota achievement, etc
- Experience in several important Asian markets; deep understanding of both Asian and Western mindsets and ways of doing business
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; the role is more around providing education to counterparties about our services rather than a standard sales pitch. Therefore it’s important to come across convincing, concise, precise and a good listener whilst also being clear on the next steps as well as ensuring timely follow ups.
- Trading knowledge or crypto knowledge - is a strong advantage; willingness, aptitude and curiosity to understand the fundamentals of blockchain technologies, algorithmic trading and Liquidity provision is crucial
- Professional level Mandarin (or other major Asia language) is an advantage
- BSc/MSc in Business/Economics/Finance or any related degree
- Have an owner mentality: you focus on the ultimate result for the company (short and long-term growth)
- Able to understand the bigger picture and be very hands-on and practical
- Love problem solving, and love seeing the tangible results of you work
- Determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard, take feedback and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset versus working 9-to-5 mentality; prepared to work non-standard working hours (since we are a high-growth startup operating in 24/7 crypto world)
- Like working in the team collaborative environment (not fully remote), at least 70% of time working from our office
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would take 5-10 years longer to get in a traditional trading company/bank/hedge fund
- Great culture: highly professional and ambitious, yet informal, friendly, non-hierarchical, collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A modern, centrally-located Singapore Office
- A vibrant work culture with frequent team meals, holiday celebrations, gaming events, and company-wide outings, including our annual Wintermute Weekend getaway.
- Aligned incentive structure: on top of competitive fixed compensation you get significant performance-based variable pay